opinion on cages.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunnyBabyboo

Reaction score
On September 3rd I am moving into residence and my boyfriend will be taking care of our 2 bunnies. I find that for him the cage that they are in now is too difficult for my boyfriend to open and close. we where thinking about getting a large/XL dog crate with a divider(our boys break out into random fights, but are okay if there is a barrier between them. What would you guys recommend. He works a full time job. He knows they need at least 8h out of cage. They are fine together during playtime.

I use a 42 inch dog crate for my bonded pair and it's worked out really well for me. I was able to use a laudry shelf and some wooden dowels to add a half second level to it and take advantage of some of the vertical space in the cage. I'm not sure how well a divider would work because of the positioning of the doors. I have a 2 door crate and even then it would be tough to divide it in half.

Maybe an xpen with a divider giving them both half the xpen? I love my xpen setup with my two girls. I had to separate them to monitor them during an illness & used hardware cloth fasten to the xpen by the cable ties & it has worked okay at least temporarily, not sure about long term. I also use the office chair mats for flooring for the xpen setup.

14 cubes around big enough for 2 male rabbits?? i may still have to get 2 dog crates cause moo is peeiing outside the box,

I am not sure where you are located but I found the drawstring leaf tarps from the hardware store to be an awesome barrier to contain messes and protect the floor and walls. They have a few different sizes but the one in the photo is 6 x 6. I just tie each corner so the sides stay up. Zero photo bombed his house photo and got flashed in his eyes :( excuse his messy house he is a hay waster!

image.jpg

I'm in canada. I'm looking for some pee proof flooring. If i cant find anything with in the week ill have to buy 2 dog crates cause I cant have moo peeing outside the box. Im going away to school and need something easy to clean, my boyfriend will be taking care of my boys. And lol binoo is a hay waster too. luckily moo cleans up after him. xD

We have had an occasional outside of the litter box accident and Z spilled his 16oz water dish and the tarp contained the liquid. They are inexpensive, my only concern would be if you had a bun that was a chewer.

I put the litter pan inside a cardboard box and found that the additional height kept everything within the litter pan and also gave them another chew toy that can be replaced as needed at very little expense.

Latest posts

Back