OMLET FOR RABBITS!!!!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunnys_rule63

Reaction score
Ok last December we bought 2 hens, Babs andGinger. They live in and 'egloo' a BRILLIANT invention that helpscleaning them and keeping them safe as they are in a fox-proof fun.well now they have designed them for rabbits!!:yes: Have a look andtell me what you think. they look quite good but i don't like lockingthem in the dark at night.http://www.omlet.co.uk/products_services/products_services.php?view=Rabbits&about=the%20eglu

or just try www.omlet.co.uk andsearch around. The egloos for hens are brillaint and the ones forbunnies look good so please tell me what you think. Thanx

(b.t.w if you have hens this is SUCH a good way to keep them, have a look in the hen section):):D

Hi there,

I thought about getting one although they are quite expensive, but thefact they are fox proof and safe makes them attractive. Also fabcolours..a pink bunny house!!!

However I'd just be using it during the day as I have house bunnies. Myconcern was also about shutting them in what looked like quite a smallarea in the dark if they had to be shut in the cabin. I dont supposethey would mind if their instinct is to go into a burrow though.

ND

It's very cute. And I saw that youcould purchase wire for the bottom of the run, too. Thatwould definately be handy. Although, how much air flow doesthe egloo get? It doesn't look like much.

I also just checked and there is only one size.:( For smallrabbits only, I guess. Oh well, I'd pay ridiculous shippingcharges to get it to the States anyway. Not to mention I haveno yard.:p

I think they look cute!

Only things I'd wonder about is how much room for play and stretchinginside the house and how much air can get flowing in there.

Other than that I love the colour too

mmm...i'm still wondering whetherto get one. On the up side it is easy to clean so there will be noflys, it's fox proof so they could be out all day even when i'm notthere and i could move it around for fresh grazing. I'm worried aboutthe other points tho, like it being quite small, not much ventilationand having to lock them up at night. This wouldn't be as bad in thewinter when i cover over their hutch anyway but in the other seasons. Isuppose in the summer i could just let them come out when they want asit IS fox proof plus i have never seen any foxes around where i liveand my bunnies are as big as most cats! I think it's the same size asthe hens one, i was looking at it last night and it IS big, its about 4foot wide at the widest part and the run is about2m long. The'egloo' is 2ft high and long and (i've looked it up) its 70cm wide. Theinside looks really good tho. Plus i could let them out in their biggerrun all the time to have a really good run around.....i can't decide!!!My bunnies are rexes so they are a medium size breed, it says it canhold two medium sized rabbits so that would be ok for me...... what doyou think?? I need a new hucth for them as their old one isgetting tatty...Please i'm rubbish at making decisions!!

How much does it weigh? Is it sturdyenough not to be turned upside down in a storm with a lot ofwind. Is your yard or garden fenced in athome? If notI would be worried aboutlarge dogs. You say it is fox proof but, it sits on theground and even though it is fox proof and the fox may not actually beable to get the rabbits, they could be terrorized form a fox or dogattack. Don't mean to be negative here but those are somethings thatI would be concerned about. I like thedesign but I would feel uncomfortable leaving my bus in onewhenI was not home to check on them. Especially ifmy yard was not fenced in. Hope thishelps. :D Beckie

i dont think its good enough for a rabbit toLIVE in instead of a cage, it looks quite small and its extremelyexpensive. I'd say just build one like that.

You could use one of those dog igloo's whichcome in huge sizes and then work on creating the wire run yourself.There is still the issue of ventilation, but our dog's igloo was bigenough for a Cheasapeake Retreiver, and had a big entrance hole thatwas to let more air in. When I was a kid, I would get inthere with Max and it lives up to it's advertisements as staying cooleven in the awful summer heat. I think I will work on thatwhen I go home, Beamer would love to be outside without a leash.

As for price I converted the cost of the igloo designed for rabbitswhich is really steep at $512 without the wire run. The dogs iglooranges from $10-100 for the biggest (shown below). I think forconstructing the wire run the most important thing would be to get anigloo with a lip at the door like in the picture here: soyou could affix the wire easier.

Latest posts

Back