OMGoodess there are more

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tessie

Reaction score
Ijust checked her and saw more movement in her belly :expressionlessis that normal?

I know I am sane:D

You saw one moving?
Are you sure?
What makes you think it was a baby?

I'd think she'd have them pretty soon after each other and not come out of the next box until she was done?
But I'm not an expert...

Cool!!

Sometimes they can have their bubs, take a break then have more.
Cats and dogs do the same thing, Sometimes they neeeeeed a rest. (can you imagine pushing more then 2 or three kids out at once? O_O

Rattiemattiesrattery wrote:
Cool!!

Sometimes they can have their bubs, take a break then have more.
Cats and dogs do the same thing, Sometimes they neeeeeed a rest. (can you imagine pushing more then 2 or three kids out at once? O_O
LOL :bunnydance:

I'm sharing this with the forum since they weren't in on the phone call we just had...

A doe has two uterine horns and she can get pregnant in both horns - or one horn.

When she gives birth - she will frequently (but not always) give birth from both horns at the same time. I'd say this happens probably 99% of the time or so.

HOWEVER...there are instances when a doe will give birth from one horn - and then - hours later (even up to 24 hours in my experience) give birth from the second horn.

I've had this happen 3 times out of 100+ litters.

The first time the doe had 4 babies - till 24 hours later when I checked her nest- and she had a fifth baby.

The second time a doe lost 3 babies - then the next morning he had another baby that was alive.

The third time was a doe that had 2 babies - and then the next day she had 3 more.

It doesn't happen often - but it can happen.

Good luck - and as I told you on the phone - call me again if you need me - I'm here to help.

That'd be really cool if she has more! :)
Keep us posted...

and no I cant imagine that...I cant imagine having one..lol
my poor mom had to push my sister and I out, I was 16 minutes later...

luckily she had already had three kids before us, but can you imagine a first time mom having twins or triplets?
=o

lol

Sarah93 wrote:
luckily she had already had three kids before us, but can you imagine a first time mom having twins or triplets?
Sure can.....but then again I had an emergency c-section for my twins.

Oh wow I didnt know that!
lol
I'm learning so much for when my doe has babies! :)
Thats crazy though...great to know in case that ever happens.
But thats really cool.
I'm sure this one will come out fine and the one you already have will have one or a few more siblings :)

Aww really?
I'd be so scared if the first time I got pregnant was with twins...:shock:
lol
Thats a bummer you had to have an emergency c-section.
But sounds like everything was good after that! So thats good :)
My sister almost had to have a c-section on my nephew cause his face was up instead of down...so they had to use the clamp things to pull him out:shock: (I completely forget what they're called...lol)
but yeah, no fun =/

TinysMom wrote:
I'm sharing this with the forum since they weren't in on the phone call we just had...

A doe has two uterine horns and she can get pregnant in both horns - or one horn.

When she gives birth - she will frequently (but not always) give birth from both horns at the same time. I'd say this happens probably 99% of the time or so.

HOWEVER...there are instances when a doe will give birth from one horn - and then - hours later (even up to 24 hours in my experience) give birth from the second horn.

I've had this happen 3 times out of 100+ litters.

The first time the doe had 4 babies - till 24 hours later when I checked her nest- and she had a fifth baby.

The second time a doe lost 3 babies - then the next morning he had another baby that was alive.

The third time was a doe that had 2 babies - and then the next day she had 3 more.

It doesn't happen often - but it can happen.

Good luck - and as I told you on the phone - call me again if you need me - I'm here to help.
I sent you a PM

I found another baby I think it was from the first labor I just didn't feel longer after I found the dead baby.

she still has movement in her so I know more babies are on the way.

PS the two are smaller then the dead one.

Latest posts

Back