old hair doesn't shed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dutchbrothers

Reaction score
I have a female Dutch bunny, spayed since one year. Her old air is loose but doesn't come off unless I pull it (gently!).
Is this the result of her spay? I know that in longer haired female dogs this is the case. She looks terrible but is healthy with a good life.

I am not sure about dutches specifically but my rabbits (lionhead and angora) need to be brushed to get their shedding fur out. I try to keep on top of it so they don't eat too much and stop up their gut.

Hormones (spay) should not affect shedding. You may just have a bunny who needs extra help getting their old fur out. Maybe brush weekly? My Dutch doesn't have this issue too much, but my Holland does a little. They also groom each other a lot.

Hormones (spay) should not affect shedding. You may just have a bunny who needs extra help getting their old fur out. Maybe brush weekly? My Dutch doesn't have this issue too much, but my Holland does a little. They also groom each other a lot.
:yeahthat:

Latest posts

Back