oh no!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Midnight01

Reaction score
my mom wants midnight out of the house, cuz shethinks its not much so we should return it or it should go to a farm orsomthing. I LOVE MIDNIGHT:mad::tears2:. i would never let anythinghappen to him. how can i make my mom change her mind. she says hedoesnt do much and that i dont play with him all the time. i do playwith him but he doesn't play much. idk wut to do. hoiw do i get closerto midnight as well, ive tried giving him treats. sometimes i do feeelbad about not playing with midnight, but now i play with him alot more.but im also going to camp in a week. i leave to go to maine for a wholemonth! i dont know what to do. these are my questions

1) How do i get my mom to change her mind? (she thinks i have too manyanimals [mom hamster, dad hamster, 9 babies who r gonna be given awaysoon, a dog which is fine, and the rabbit] but she also thinks therabbit doesnt do anything)

2) How do i get closer with midnight ?

3) Should i neuter him so he doesn't mark his territroy as much, will this help make me and Midnight closer?

4) What do i do for Midnight while im at camp for a month?

EVERYBODY, THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE, your all so great :)

i just hope my bun Midnight will be ok...i dont know what i would do without him..:(

hey! haven't talked to you in a while, Ok wellif you get him nuetered it will calm him down and make him morefriendly. He will also probably not spray . So that would be a goodidea...and while our away get a friend or something to watch him andmaybe keep him at their house so there will be no chance that your momwill give midnight away while you are gone. E-mail me if you wanna talkmore.:)

thank you so much! he doesnt spray too much, itsthe droppings that get annoying, since there everywhere. my mom said ican keep him as long as i love him, but still, it makes me wonder.thanks so much

You might try printing some of the articles athttp://www.rabbit.org about typicalbunny behavior and "aloof" bunnies and letting your mom readthem. I think she may be comparing the rabbit to the dog interms of behavior. Just because he doesn't hop in your lap orgive kisses or go for car rides doesn't mean he's not very happy withliving with you. I think it's more about figuring out theirpersonality and going with that. Both of my rabbits arefairly aloof -- they like to be petted daily, but only when they are inthe mood. I can never pick them up -- they hate that.

You mentioned playing with him.. how often do you get toplay? As long as it's daily, even for a little while, he isprobably happy. Make sure he has play time outside of hiscage (or a big enough cage for him to play in). Neutering himwill definitely make him more calm and open to some petting.

As for camp and going to Maine for a month -- maybe you havea friend or sibling who can take care of him for you while you aregone? Make sure you leave clear instructions on feed, cleaning and,just as important, playing with him. If you can't afford topay this "sitter" (I am guessing you are a teen and money is tight),you could offer a barter (I'll walk your dog for a month for you, orI'll clean your bedroom or dooneof yourchoresfor a month). You have to find the right person.

Good luck! I go to Maine a lot (my Grandma lives on a lake there), you will love it!

Nuneen wrote:
You might try printing some of the articles athttp://www.rabbit.org about typicalbunny behavior and "aloof" bunnies and letting your mom readthem. I think she may be comparing the rabbit to the dog interms of behavior. Just because he doesn't hop in your lap orgive kisses or go for car rides doesn't mean he's not very happy withliving with you. I think it's more about figuring out theirpersonality and going with that. Both of my rabbits arefairly aloof -- they like to be petted daily, but only when they are inthe mood. I can never pick them up -- they hate that.

You mentioned playing with him.. how often do you get toplay? As long as it's daily, even for a little while, he isprobably happy. Make sure he has play time outside of hiscage (or a big enough cage for him to play in). Neutering himwill definitely make him more calm and open to some petting.

As for camp and going to Maine for a month -- maybe you havea friend or sibling who can take care of him for you while you aregone? Make sure you leave clear instructions on feed, cleaning and,just as important, playing with him. If you can't afford topay this "sitter" (I am guessing you are a teen and money is tight),you could offer a barter (I'll walk your dog for a month for you, orI'll clean your bedroom or dooneof yourchoresfor a month). You have to find the right person.

Good luck! I go to Maine a lot (my Grandma lives on a lake there), you will love it!
lol, this is my alst year goin to the camp, im a CIT now, its my 6th year =]

If that "HO SNAP!" is meant for me. let meknow. I have no idea what it means!! Plus, you'llhave to PM me with your name, address, phone #, and info on when I haveto pick him up by. Charlotte

dootsmom wrote:
Ican help you out while you are at camp. He can spend themonth here. Charlotte

You are so giving and loving. Bless your heart for all you dofor so many bunnies and their families. What goes aroundcomes around. You have a lot of good things headed your way,My Dear Friend. The depth of your heart never ceases to amazeme.

:hug:

-Carolyn

dootsmom ROCKS !!!

Let me know if I can help out in any way. Too bad I'm not "in route" to Livingston or we could do a "bunnie drop" :D.

Justin you can't let Midnight go!!!Everyone else already gave you any and all advice I would have typedso,yeah, listen to them. Tell your mom that youwill have a very depressedbunny internetfriend ifshe makes you find Midnight a new home.

~Caitlin~

ScoobyDoo wrote:
Justin you can't let Midnight go!!! Everyone elsealready gave you any and all advice I would have typedso,yeah, listen to them. Tell your mom that youwill have a very depressedbunny internetfriend ifshe makes you find Midnight a new home.

~Caitlin~

I will scooby:). thanks everyone, im talkin to my mom tonight:p.

About the pooping everywhere, I feed my rabbitonce a day at night. That way she eats and poops when I amasleep. It seems to work and she is at a goodweight. I will give her treats during the day.Letitia

Your mom sounds like my mom. My mom alwayspesters me about how Emmy sprays on one spot ofour housewhere she does her "bathroom needs". She scolds at me everytime shesees it. She told me one time that she wants to give Emmy away but meand Trina wouldn't let her. I took her out of her cage and held Emmy infront of her saying howmuch Emmy will miss us & allthe possibilities in the world of how Emmy might get hurt.

Eventully, with my speech she gave in and had let me keep her. :yes:

Maybe let your mom see how close you are with Midnight? Maybe that'lltouch her heart and change her mind. From time to time let your mom seeyou and Midnight enjoying with each other. Hold her like a baby andmaybe dance with her or sing her songs. That's what I do with Emmy andmy mom just laughs.

I'll be praying that you'll get to keep Midnight. Good luck and take care!

- Katy

#1 and Katy: I like the idea of holdinghim like a baby and dancing and singing with him. Would workfor some. Probably would not work on my wife since I am a 32year old man. Good thing she has already started to love therabbits too!

#2:
Spending as much time as you can with him will help you guysget closer. Pick him up whenever you can (if he will letyou). Also lay near him and wait for him to come up to you,then give him a pet (stroke) and maybe a treat. With Clover Isome times just let her explore me, if I reach for her she sometimesruns.

#3:
I hope your mom does let you keep thebunny. You should get him neutered (fixed?) and he willprobably spray less (most likely he will stop) and the droppings allover will lessen (but maybe not stop 100%).

#4: Think you got this sorted, but get someone who has a bunnyto take care of yours. Either a friend or a rabbit/smallanimal sitter.

Good luck,

Jay

Latest posts

Back