OH NO! Snow of 1' being called for this weekend!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funny, they keep saying that it willstart for Connecticut late Friday night. I am going no matter what. I figure that I am leaving around 11am friday morning and have all day to get there. I will just go slow. I am taking my parents SUV as my Camryis HORRIBLEin the snow.

I can't wait. I am sooo pumped. There is still so much left for me to do so I really can't wait for a break.

Sharon

what i live in the suburbs outside of Philly and i d idnt hear 8 to 14 inches? lol The kids have a two hour delay now but we only got a few inches,lol

Luvmyzoocrew wrote:
what i live in the suburbs outside of Philly and i d idnt hear 8 to 14 inches? lol The kids have a two hour delay now but we only got a few inches,lol

She meant for this weekend...lol... There is a HUGE show going on in Lebanon, PA. Keep us posted :)

Sharon

aaawwww i was wondering what was going on cause i just watched the news the other day and thought i missed that big announcment,lol!!!!! Well if Lebanon doesnt want the snow i will take it here,lol.

We're departing at 7am Friday morning, so will hopefully make it in before the storm hits.

It may be a HUGE problem for judges flying in though . . .

Where's the storm? I see Friday it's supposed to be 40 in Lebanon then snow showers that night and like 30 on Saturday?? Is it REALLY supposed to be that much? If it is we might not take Jason with us...

Hi all...

They keep saying a BLIZZARD is coming this weekend... Coming Friday & all day sat... I am keeping a close eye on it & watching all the news... But they say it is coming... BUT you know some of these weather men, they say a Blizzard & we get a dusting... they say a dusting & we get a blizzard!

I am going to matter what... I might head up Friday after work... depending how bad it is out there... We will be taking the NJ & PA Turnpikes so it should not be a bad commute for us... We can probably do at least 45 mph on those roads even if there is snow falling...

This was just sent through on the lionhead list I'm on...

PaSRBA Convention Feb 6-7 - OFFICIAL Weather Hotline

Hello everyone,

The PaSRBA Convention Committee is aware of and tracking the storm that could impact the eastern third of the country this weekend. I am personally in contact with a meteorologist that works for a major university meteorology department. He is keeping me abreast of the latest weather models and their predictions for the weekend.

Starting Thursday afternoon, the OFFICIAL PaSRBA Weather Hotline will be updated at least daily with the current show plans. This hotline can be reached by calling 908-725-3828.

Please do not call the Show Superintendents or Committee members directly as the OFFICIAL PaSRBA Weather Hotline will contain the most up-to-date information. Updates will be made throughout the day Friday and into the weekend as conditions permit.

Generally speaking I DO NOT expect to cancel the show this weekend. Too much planning and expense have already gone into the event….it simply cannot be rescheduled. However, it conditions warrant we may consider delaying the start of the show. This decision will be communicated through the OFFICIAL PaSRBA Weather Hotline.

To be sure you have the most up-to-date and correct information, please be sure to check the OFFICIAL PaSRBA Weather Hotline for information.

We ask that you exercise caution when traveling to and from the show this weekend and hope to see you at the show. We are still looking forward to a great event!

Best Regards,
Brian BellPaSRBA Convention General Superintendent
[email protected]

OFFICIAL PaSRBA Weather Hotline 908-725-3828

I just checked - the show is starting at 10 am (as of this last update).

I wish I could be there..

If anyone lives in the Lebanon-ish area, please keep us updated. The snow is supposed to clear up tonight and I'm hoping to make it down for tomorrow. :)

Wow, we probably got about 15 inches. They delayed the show for 2 hours this morning but it is going to start on time tomorrow. I did well today so hopefully will do well tomorrow.

We're home (and totally exhausted). We left for the show early Friday, beat the storm and got settled in. By the time we headed home on Sunday, the roads were clear.

The turnout for the show was great, with an estimated 10,000 entries. Matthew competed in royalty and won the Prince division again this year and had a blast with his friends over the weekend. Our Mid-Atlantic Dwarf Hotot club celebrated their 5th birthday with a Dwarf Hotot cake (I'll try to have someone email me a photo of it).

We enjoyed the banquet and came home with a carload of raffle prizesand auction wins.

Ihad funjudging in the youth hall this year - I love working with the kids and getting a chance to talk to them and see how much they've all matured over the winter!

It was a fantastic show - the PaSRBAteam did a wonderful job running the show - as always!

Now - I've got to go unpack . . .

Prince_Matt.jpg

^^^ Handsome young man... looksquite regalin that photo :) Congratulations to Matthew!
If you don't mind me asking, what are the duties of a PaSRBA Prince?

The royalty court promotes rabbits and represents PaSRBA at Pennsylvania shows and helps with the shows (writing, raffles, set-up, clean-up, etc.). They help with duties at the PaSRBA convention. They also compete nationally and give presentations. Each year, one of the top King or Queen finalists is chosen to represent the rabbit industry and meet with the Pennsylvania commodities director at the Governor's ball.

The royalty court also promotes PaSRBA at the PA Farm Show in January and 4-H.

The PaSRBA Royalty courtaspire to excellence in the rabbit industry.Most are working on their registrar's licenses and many go on to work on a judge's license.;) ARBA executive director & rabbit judge Eric Stewart is a former PaSRBA king as is ARBA district rep. veterinarian & rabbit judge Jay Hreiz.

Wow! That is quite a prestigious accomplishment for Matthew, then! Sounds like the position will open many doors for him, now and in the future :)... a great opportunity (which he's obviously had to work very hard to achieve).
:great:
(LOL... and here I was thinking it was a fashion and talent show with bunnies :foreheadsmack::biggrin2:)

Latest posts

Back