O/T Introducing Nipper

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i swear they like to play games........i used togo camping every year and when wed go fishing , the snapping turtlesare notorious for eating you bait and snapping your line...and if youfished off shore they would let you reel them up onto the shore (andthey were gigantic!!) sit for a minute and with a really loud snapbreak your line and go back in the water ... theyre like the bulldogsof the lake!

I almost forgotthis Very Important Fact aboutSnapping Turtles :: Tina listenup , when he gets abit bigger : He cannot only move his head side toside but backwardsand He can bring hishead nearly all the way around to bite, If you ever see aturtle with his head screwedaround his back looking at you Movethem fingers they have beenknown to sever fingers and toes. They can be very Formidablecreatures .

Blue Giants: we Had one up herethat when a car inadvertantlyhit it it litterally flippedthe car over on its side it wasso big . estimated age wasbetween 80 and 90 yrs old , itwas huge , fortunatelythe Turtle survivedthe car did not . Passengersand driver were fine also. The size of theTurtle was the samesize as one of theOld Buick Hoods . Can Anyoneimagine Not seeing that before youactually run over it and flip ! ,The Driver said henever saw it , What he thought hesaw was a Big Boulder on theside of the road , Bouldersuddenly moved ( as they do) and he was on it before hecould react . Its amzing howfast they can actually moveand more than a bit scarey.

NatureTee : Yes they havethe same Mineral requirementsas all other reptiles the Mineral Powderis an excellent thing to haveon hand , just in case, sometimes they getenough minerals from their foodbut Calcium suppliments are prefered, It keeps the Shellhealthy and hard .One good indicator oflacking Minerals andVitamins is a softer thannormal shell , beak rot ,slimey feet , If onesees this add theMineral and Calcium supplimentstill 2 weeks after everything goes backto normal.

Also Turtles Shed their Shell ,one flake usually at a time, First native Turtle Ihad was shedding, Ithought he waslosing his whole shell , Icalled the Vet explained what was goingon . for once he didnt laugh at me ,He told me it was normal andDONT Pick at it lol .

Back