O/T I have baby fever!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephanie

Reaction score
My very best friend Julie just had her first babyon Monday. I'm still waiting on the details, but I did know they werehaving a girl and her name was going to be Eva May. So far I can't getthrough to the hospital with the numbers I was given, so I left amessage on their home machine and emailed her stepmom for more details.You all know I've moved from Vermont to Canada, but she and I talk onthe phone once or twice a week and I've gone through this wholepreganancy with her this way. She has been my best friend since I wasaround 4 and I'm 29 now.

Anyway, now I want a baby! :p No, we're not trying and are not going tofor a couple of years, as Dave needs to finish school and we have noidea where we'll be next year after he graduates, depends on where hegets a job. (Aerospace Engineering, so it could be anywhere in eithercountry.)

I just have baby fever big time. I went through most of my adult lifethinking I didn't really want kids, but this was before I was married,when I was living my single life having fun being single. I fear havingchildren will be difficult at best for me, due to some medicalconditions....but with technology today and adoptions, I know I'll be amother either way someday.

Does this happen to you gals too? When my bro and sister in law had myniece, I got baby fever then too. I'm just being silly I know, but theole clock is a ticking!

perfectly normal!!!!! I'm 31, I have ateenager and sometimes, i really want another and sometimes i think,are you kidding me, i'm half way through this.:p

Ack! No more babies LOL By the time allis said and done and the last one turns 18, my husband and I will havespent 40 years raising children. By then, I'm sure we'll bebabysitting the grandchildren!

Pam :)

I have 3 kids now and I still get the feeling Iwant another. My youngest is only 9 and a half months butshe's walking already :?. They get big SOO fast!Three of my friends just found out they're pregnant again, so its thenew baby excitement!

Steph, I startedhaving babies when I was 22. I'm 40 now. My last baby wasSebastian's little girl and someday I will tell you all her story butshe was a miracle baby. She was also a surprise baby....10 years behindthe rest. Anyway, I had a hysterectomy at 38 due to ovarian cancer. Ialready knew I wasn't going to have any more babies,wealready fixed hubby, but the idea of taking that which Godhad given me...which had given me my babies....it was hard. I guess itwasn't really baby fever, but I understand. You are going to be anawesome Momma. I can tell from the things you say to people and howkind and considerate you are to people. Remember some things. Peoplealways use the excuse to wait until you can afford them. Don't do that.You can never afford them, just go for it! Don't let your clock keepticking, go make babies! If you stay home to raise your babies, then byGod raise your babies. Don't stay home to do the dishes, mow the lawnand clean out the cabinets. Chase butterflies, fingerpaint,make some mud pies, eat ice cream for breakfast....Be aMomma!

Raspberry

THINK About it, Stephanie!

Once you have a child, you'll never have 'A Good Night's Sleep' again.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Do you really want that?? :shock:

-Carolyn

Raspberry,

I loved your advice! My aunt gave me pretty much the sameadvice after my son was born. I complained that it alwaysseemed like I was cleaning the house which in turn made metired. She said "Forget the housework, just pick one or twodays a week to clean and spend the rest of the week helping to make themess. Kids grow up to fast! Ten years from now youdon't want to wonder where all the picnics and play dateswent." That was some of the best advice! And let metell you, when someone walks into my house there is no doubt that Ihave kids.

RaspberrySwirl wrote:
Don't stay home todo the dishes, mow the lawn and clean out the cabinets. Chasebutterflies, finger paint,make some mud pies, eat ice creamfor breakfast....Be a Momma!

Raspberry
Raspberry, what a wonderful outlook. If only some of the mothers aroundwhere I live felt like that. So many dump the kids with theirgrandparents and carry on their life as if nothing hadchanged. -Jan

Hmmmm...ice cream for breakfast. Now you're talking! :p

As far as cleaning goes, I'm not too worried about that. As I've saidbefore, I'm like Monica from Friends when it comes to that, althoughnot quite as anal. I hope. Oh, ok, I am. :p

I guess I'm just worried that if we have kids now, too early, we'd haveproblems down the road. Our marriage isn't even a year old yet and itseems to me, so many marriages fail when the people have kids early on.At least where I'm from. We are enjoying being Steph and Dave rightnow. I don't think he's ready to add the Plus One. At least until he'sdone school.

Still, I do want children, probably sooner than I had thought originally.

Stephanie wrote:
I guess I'm just worried that if we have kids now, too early, we'd haveproblems down the road. Our marriage isn't even a year old yet and itseems to me, so many marriages fail when the people have kids early on.At least where I'm from. We are enjoying being Steph and Dave rightnow. I don't think he's ready to add the Plus One. At least until he'sdone school.

Still, I do want children, probably sooner than I had thought originally.
Either you're going to stick together or not. The stress ofkids may make it happen sooner, but if it wasn't meant to be, themarriage will dissolve with or without kids.

I know it's a very personal decision, but as Raspberry had pointed out-- "People always use the excuse to waituntil you can afford them. Don't do that. You can never afford them,just go for it!"

I was 18 when my son was born -- 4 kids and 23 years later, we're stillhappily married :cool:

Pam

You guys are great and your outlooks on life areso amazing. I want to have at least 3 kids. But I did wait too longbecause I was scared. My relatives have been terrarazing me to have ababy since the day I was married. I think the time of having babies isthe best time in life.

My mom said that the 2 happiest days of her life were when me and my sister were born.

Grats to your friend!

I love babies too OTHER PEOPLES BABIES! The fact that I can hold a babyand coo at it and baby talk it and snuggle it is great but soon as itstarts crying I love to give them back benefit of other peoples babies:D

My son is 18 I dont dare have another I have FREEDOM!

Marie

Good point, Pam. I guess with me, personally,this is new to me, actually wanting to have a baby. You are soright though, nothing can guarantee any relationship, kids or no kids.

As far as the money thing goes, I know Raspberry is right. I just seemy brother and his wife struggling so bad because of money with twokids - whom I love dearly and miss the most out of all of my family -and I don't want that. I grew up poor and don't want my kids to grow uplike I did.

For now, I am content to have my "babies" in the form of three bun bunsand two cats. One cat in particular is my baby boy, always on my lap orsleeping next to me, a true Momma's Boy. Abby is surprisingly my girl,she is loving Mommy more and more each day. Maybe she remembers myworry after her surgury and the constant attention.

I have a question to the experienced moms. Did you worry while you were pregnant?
I always keep thinking that I worry too much and keep thinking that it makes me immature and unresponsible in a way.

worring is perfectly normal. I think every pregnant woman worries about different things.

Am I going to be a good mom, and I eating healthy, have i done anythingthat may harm the baby, is the baby going to be healthy, so on and soon......

Ty-bee wrote:
Raspberry,
And let me tell you, when someone walks into my house there is no doubt that I have kids.
Me too! We've graduated from Kool-ade stains andcheerio's in thesofa to every hair product known to manlining the bathroom counter, dueling stereos blasting through thehouse, Pizza boxes in bedrooms, and cars lined up for two blocks downthe street....this is absolutelynot a house for a clean freakto visit!

Raspberry

AnnaS wrote:
I have a question to the experienced moms. Did you worry while you were pregnant?
I always keep thinking that I worry too much and keep thinking that it makes me immature and unresponsible in a way.

Worrying is just part of the job :)

Pam

Latest posts

Back