Noticed a tiny pimple last night...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SketchaMPM

Reaction score
Have any of you ever noticed a tiny zit on the surface of your rabbit's skin? Honey has a super tiny pimple-like bump on her back. We live in a small, super clean apartment in New England so I don't think it's bot and she's behaving normally as well. I noticed it for the first time yesterday. I don't have access to a vet until Monday, I just want to know what to do in the meantime. Thanks.

Chances are it's a bite from something and it either in recent or it's something she's had for awhile and your just noticing it. I would just keep an eye on it. Change in color or size is a warning sign.

Thanks

Serena had a small bump on her ear for a couple of months, but we knew it was nothing. She finally scratched it open and it went away--that was more than three years ago, with no repeat or any problems.

[align=center]Sabriel has little pimple looking marks in his ear.

Does it look anything like this?
2011-03-22163051-1-1.jpg

I asked a similar question a little while back and they said as long as it wasn't causing problems and didn't look red or infected, then it's probably just a zit or whatever.

The bumps don't seem to bother Sabriel... is your bun's bothering her?

I agree, don't worry about it unless it changes or bothers her. Rabbits can get skin cancer--I have seen a few instances of it in my time on the forum so it is one of the more common cancers of rabbits. Just keep an eye on it.

Yofi sometimes gets *zits* on his chin...it actually does look similar to teen acne in humans. (You can see one just beginning to sprout in this pic below)

P3178923-1.jpg

At first the vets who saw Yofi didn't have any idea what it could be, but recently, when I mentioned it to his current vet, and asked if it could be a systemic thing going on, he agreed...saying it could be related to pasteurella. which a majority of rabbits carry.

At any rate, what your bunny has could be any one of a number of things, including insect bites or minor irritation. I wouldn't worry too much about it unless it doesn't go away on its own. :)

Latest posts

Back