Not sure what breed...help?!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How big is he? If he was bred formeat,he mayFlemish cross. Possibly Satinwas where the broken pattern came from. Hard for me to tellfrom the picture though. I'd need to closely examine thecoat. A very flat, flyback coat would rule out Flemish or Lopmix. Hairs with a very fine diameter would make a Satin crossvery likely. Could also have New Zealand in the mix.

Pam

Wow! He's much bigger than Ithought! Do you have a side view of his markings?Looks like he very well could be a Checkered Giant or a Checkered mix.

Pam

Guess that'll have to do for now LOL

He really appears to be a Checkered Giant cross. It's notunusual to cross commercial meat breeds with Flemish or CheckeredGiants to create fast growing hybrids. A photo of him up andrunning around would help give more of a clue as to whether he's beencrossed with amedium buildcommercial breed rabbit.

Pam

Is it the lighting on his butt, or are there different colored hairs running through it?

The butt photo works for me...... he's an adorable bunny!!! :)

The size of a tail on a rabbit like that is amazing -- it's the size of a tiny rabbit LOL

Pam

I know! his feet are the size of Bo's head! :shock:I would love a big bunny!

Do you know how much he weighs bunny_lover?

LOL :D Thanks everyone. Yeah, he's a BIG boy. Um,I'll try to get a better picture of him after school. And yes, as hegot older some different colored hairs started to be noticable on hisbutt o_O Not sure why...

It's hard to tell from the photo if they are justold hairs or actual tannish/steel hairs. Thosetannish hairs would indicate he's probably been crossed with acommercial breed that carries the steel gene such as Satin or thatthere is Flemish in the background. I'd have to see a sidebody shot of him to make a better guess.

Pam

Latest posts

Back