No Babies? (Overweight Doe?)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LucyLou

Reaction score
Hello!

I bred my doe a month ago; today is Day 31 of her pregnancy (Yes, I am hoping for Valentine babies haha). Her signs so far are positive— she's extremely aggressive, she's been digging in the corners of her cage, and we can most definitely feel the kits in her belly (at least 2 have been felt.) However, no nest has been built? I put the nesting box in at Day 27, but no fur-pulling or hay-mustaches. I heard does can construct their nests at the last second, but this is not her first litter..
I also found out about "peanuts" — which really worries me because both of the parents are Dwarfs. As well as that, she is a bit overweight; will this affect kindling? Will this increase the chances of her squishing the babies?
I apologize for this long paragraph and inquiry haha. I'm getting over-worried.

Thanks so much for your views/help!
- LucyLou~

UPDATE:
She had two babies this morning; both dead. I have no idea what caused their death, but there was nothing we could do. They did not die from the cold- I know that. Sadly, this was my first litter. Hopefully, I will have better luck with rebreeding her.
I don't know how to/if you can delete a thread...
Thanks for viewing,
LucyLou

Will do!
I read that when breeding does a couple days after kindling, they will produce larger litters with smaller kits. Going to try this.

There are different thoughts on re-breeding does after a failed litter. If it was a difficult kindling we will wait 5-7 days for the doe to 'rest' before re-breeding. Otherwise, we will try within a day or two.

Latest posts

Back