NIC in BC

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xKuchiki

Reaction score
Hey guys!

So its basically as the title says -- does anyone know where to purchase enough NIC (as cheap as possible) to build a 2 level NIC cage for 2 rabbits? I have them living in the bottom of a ferret cage which OBVS isn't working for them, but I had them living outside previously which wouldn't work out because of the temperature here in winter, especially at night (-12, anyone?).

Rona, Home Depot, Canadian Tire, London Drugs, WalMart and the Superstore all carry NIC cubes. Prices range from $20-$40 per package.

Otherwise, try thrift stores, garage sales, Craigslist, etc.

Oh, and -12? Where the heck in the Lower Mainland are you living???? :biggrin2:

Hope that helps!

Rue

Surrey! LOL! Well, it got -7 last year during the afternoon, -2 in the morning, and nights got so cold and it rained and last year we got 5 feet of snow :x

Thank you for the suggestions! I am transportation-disabled at the moment because I don't have my drivers license yet and my dad is on a trip in Hawaii.. I doubt either of my sisters OR my brother are willing to drive me out to Wal mart (despite it being a 5 min drive) and shell out 30 bucks then waiting for my dad to pay them back!

We should watch for sales and then get together to see who wants them, who has cars, who's close to what/who, etc.

Cooperative effort!

I had Spring donate some to me, I can't thank you enough, they've been invaluable! I've been able to keep two Flemish Giants here, instead of abandoning them to the stew pot they were destined for.

Although Zac just cleared the three-foot height and hopped out of his pen -- no effort. :shock: We'll be building up!!

sas :bunnydance:

15 I think? Or somewhere around there. They were made by Rubbermaid. And I think they were $18 and some change.

Best to check the online sites for all those places because the prices are up and down like yo-yo's. They may have been on sale and may not be anymore, or someone else may have them on sale, etc.

Good key words are 'shelving', 'storage', and just cruise the lists. Sometimes 'wire' and 'cube' work, but not 'NIC'.

Hopefully I can find my old search and see some of the names. I'll post them if I do.

Thanks, Pipp.

Rona, Home Depotand Canadian Tire have them on their sites with local pricing (you have to enter your postal code).

I can't find the cubes on Walmart's Canadian site, though. So I may just phone them before making the drive. Theyaren't on the Superstore's website either, but since the closest store is only 2 minutes from my house (and I need to get groceries...again... :rollseyes), I'm gonnahead overafter lunch and check.

Thanks again!

Rue

This is great! I'm happy Wal Mart sells them because there's a WM 5 minutes away, so hopefully they have some. Its in Guildford Mall. There's also a Wal Mart in Langley, right? And a Canadian Tire around there, too?

Also, any help as how to build a NIC cage in a TINY bedroom? I was thinking about a pen but Theodore can jump 2+ feet over the last xpen we got him so I've given up there.

xx

Just build 'up'. It's better exercise for bunnies to be hopping up than across, anyway. You can have just two panels square, but three or four stories tall with shelfs, and little bunnies will love it.

You can also tuck them into corners or put them on top of furniture (although still best to have a ramp so they don't need to be lifted out, bunnies hate people reaching into their space and grabbing them, hard to form a bond that way).

For 2 for 1 I can definitely wait! ;)

I went to the Superstore last night and FINALLY found the cubes there. At my store, anyway, they're in the aisle with the plastic storage bins, NOT in the aisle with the shelving (where logic would dictate they'd be... :p). They're $22.99 for 17 panels. (The best deal I've seen so far.)I'd have bought them then and there, butthey were sold out of the white ones and only had the multi-coloured ones.

Rue

Latest posts

Back