NIC cage/ New bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itstrist

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1397520622.076907.jpgImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1397520633.433172.jpgImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1397520641.028637.jpg

so I'm going to get my new bunny tomorrow and this is my NIC cage I built. any suggestions for things I need to change? things I should add? I'm still undecided if I should put a top or not.

That's a cool looking design :)

I would make it 3 NIC grids high though, not just 2, and spread out the levels a bit more for a wider jumping-up space. The way you've got it now, bunny might hit his head on the bottom of the third level if he tries jumping up onto the second.

Also, definitely put a top on. Buns can jump up to 3 feet high, your little flufflebutt will easily clear that NIC grid barrier and escape in no time.

edit; That litterbox looks really tiny. It might be fine for a baby, but adults usually do much better in a cat-sized litterbox.

Last edited:
What kind / how big of a rabbit is this for? The levels do look a little too close together and I definitely agree that it needs a top. Basically any rabbit can jump one grid high easily if they want to do so.

it's a netherland dwarf, 2 lbs. should I take the 2nd level out all together and just put a small platform for him to jump to the 3rd level?

Agh what a cutie!

The platform idea is great. Just saw the second level in half and it would make a good step. Don't forget to put a top on!

ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1397604480.200218.jpg

I picked him up today. he's settling in pretty well. for now I just have a sheet of plywood over the top for a lid because I ran out of small cubes. he hasn't had any interest in going up to the second level at all. I felt like the wood floor was too slippery for him so I covered the bottom in a blanket. what do you guys think I should put down for him? or will he be okay?

He's a baby, he will learn to walk on slippery surfaces if you leave it. It's adults that have grown up on carpet all their lives that need assistance with slippery surfaces. It might help to put a grippy mat on the second level step though, to make jumping up/down easier.

You might need a top.and that might be a lil too small once your bun grows. Other than that it looks good as long as u got the litter box and a hay rack. I take it you got food and water in there already haha. Easy clean up too.all I do is sweep anything that gets out of the NIC. Here's how my setup looks. Hope it helps and gives u ideas. I'm also open for suggestions or recommendations

1400963771068.jpg

1400963802217.jpg

1400963815763.jpg

1400963844811.jpg

1400963870571.jpg

Latest posts

Back