New thread questions for expecting babies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tessie

Reaction score
:stork:My Eittle Bunny is pulling fur, is that a for sure sign of babies soon .?

As many of us thatposted on the other thread about babies tonight I need all of your help:pLOL!!!!

It's not a sure sign as rabbits can go through a false pregnancy-in which they think they are pregnant and will show all the same signs of being pregnant (i.e. pulling fur, building a nest, hormonal imbalances, etc.) but they actually aren't.

However, if you rabbit is pregnant, give her a nest box just to be safe. If she isn't pregnant, then her behavior will stop in a few days after the 31st day after breeding.

Here is a link to more information about breeding and care of the doe and kits-

http://inlerabbitry.webs.com/breeding.htm

I rescued her 3 weeks ago out off my yard she must have been dumped no one answered my fliers:(so I came here.

I felt her cage was not big enough, it is in my bedroom and it is 22"x32"and 24" tall .So I added a storage plastic box that is 14x18, well three days later, last weekend she made a nest.Today she is adding fur. She does have a very plump belly.

It isn't a for sure sign. As a matter of fact my mini lop doe just pulled fur 4 days ago and I know it is a phantom pregnancy because although I have intact males they are on a different floor of the house then her and are just babies anyways.

Latest posts

Back