new pictures of my baby kits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lynnnora2

Reaction score
Just wanted to post a couple of pictures I took today of my kits. Also I was wondering how certain the weeing trick is to find out the sex of them. The little brown one started to have a wee when I had it out of the cage and I lifted it up and it was squirting. So Im assuming this one is a boy. Ive been thinking since it was the smallest that it was a girl, but obviously realize that size doesnt matter in relation to the sex of the baby. The babies are 17 days old today and thriving.

2013-02-21 16.09.15.jpg

2013-02-21 16.09.42.jpg

I´m so glad they´re doing so well, I know you were worried but they´re adorable and I love they´re such different colours. I don´t think you´d be able to tell at this stage so you´ll probably just have to wait and see.

Keep us posted with more pics, they´re lovely.

Just took some more pictures about half an hour ago. The baby kits seem to change so much each day. They are in and out of the nest all the time now and seem to have mad half hours binkying around. Theyre so funny at this stage. They are quite used to being handled already and sometimes try to lick my hand, eat my dressing gown or chew at anything really, lol. I know I have been constantly worrying but really wouldnt change anything for the world. The babies are worth it. To watch them grow is amazing and Im astonished everyday at the changes in them.

2013-02-22 16.17.16.jpg

2013-02-22 16.17.28.jpg

2013-02-22 16.28.01.jpg

2013-02-22 16.28.12.jpg

2013-02-22 16.28.22.jpg

2013-02-22 16.31.06.jpg

They´re just he cutest little things, so glad to see them doing so well. It is so difficult to sex them, I remember with my youngest one who I had from being very small, I looked so many times but it was impossible to tell practically until his testicles dropped and I was like "wow" it´s a boy not a girl. He´s got all his bits...I did laugh at the time though.

Just thought Id put more pictures I took of my baby rabbits tonight. Theyre really active now, they are forever binkying. Their mother (Thumper) treats them very well. She washes them and doesnt seem to get bothered by them trying to feed off her. They dont seem to chase her about to feed like I was expecting. The babies have started to nibble on the pellets and a little lettuce which I only put in yesterday for the first time. They have also started to drink from the bottle.

2013-02-28 21.41.26.jpg

2013-02-28 21.40.56.jpg

2013-02-28 19.59.40.jpg

2013-02-28 21.40.30.jpg

Awwwww!!!!! They are so adorable!!!! Glad they are your baby bunnies as I know if they were mine I couldn't let them go! What a sweet bunny family! They are both so cute! What do you call the color of the "orangey/cream" color? Sort of reminds me of a cream sickle! lol I'm a red head so of course I am partial to reddish colored kitties, bunnies, horses & birds! lol

I can only keep a girl, my brother wants one and Im keeping my fingers crossed that I have one of each. For the time being I call them black velvet and suede. It is going to be hard to give either up as I am really attached to them. Feel like theyre my grandkids lol but atleast when my brother gets one Ill see it often.

They are hard to sex ... I got a male and a female young rabbits, and rushed the male in to get neutered. I wanted to wait on the female as she was so very tiny and thin.

The lady I got them from buys rabbits from the livestock auctions then rehomes them for a small fee so they get homes and don't go for meat. She deals with a lot of babies. I guess because Molly was so tiny it was harder to tell ?

Anyway, the lady sexed them as male and female ... then Molly the female ended up being a male. The name stuck, so he's Mr. Molly now.

It's all good. He's getting nuetered today and the 2 boys get along fairly well. Molly does badger Mac but I'm hoping that will stop when he gets nuetered.

Latest posts

Back