New Peta ad

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really don't care for PETA. I think that they actually do much more harm than good with their shock campaigns and geurilla warfare. IMO they give animal rights activists a bad name with their shameful tactics.

I hear so much about PETA. Good, bad...good, bad.. I don't know what to think so I just don't support them...

I find it rude that they would use the Duggars for one of their ads. This is a lawsuit waiting to happen... and when it does, it's going to be all over the media, beause the Duggars are involved. Hopefully that will get people to dislike PETA even more. ;)

Emily

Jeepers thats distasteful! I'd never heard of the Duggars until now so did a bit of googling :D It's there choice to have that many kids and they're not sponging off the govt so whoopdey doo. Maybe if PETA spent the money from creating this ad and the law suit they're probably going to get into actually saving animals rather than stirring!

I just found this press release from Peta on their plans for this ad:

http://www.peta.org/MC/NewsItem.asp?id=14201

I really wonder how the younger children will react to seeing their name on a billboard in this context. I still haven't found anything that indicates whether or not the Duggar family gave their permission for this.

This is terrible.

PETA absolutely disgusts me in every way, shape, and form. They could actually be doing some good by helping to donate to shelters but noo. Obviously PETA is going to take the low road and do what they always do : create a useless and unnecessary ruckus and upset the public.

I did not know about the Duggars until now, but IMO if they want to have that many children and they aren't mooching the government then go right ahead. I'm not saying I agree with having 19 children but if her husband and her can financially support themselves then they by all means can have as many children as they want...

But, that does NOT give PETA any reason to bash this harmless family like this. To me it seems like PETA prides themselves on their reputation.

I personally do not agree with people that decide to have so many children. I will never have any of my own, but if I someday do decide I would like to be a mother I will definitely be adopting. I'm not one of those people that think all people should adopt, I completely understand the desire to make a child of your own. I do believe people overdue it and need to look at the big picture more.

Humans are by far the most invasive, destructive and overpopulated species IMO. We use up all natural resources and do not respect the environment. We get angry at other animals deemed as "pests" when we are far more destructive. Thankfully most of us are intelligent enough to realize this and work towards a better tomorrow.

I do feel that this PETA ad is in very poor taste though. :shame Saying you disagree with how many kids this couple has decided to have is one thing, posting it on billboards for everyone and their uncle to see is another.

Okay, help me here. My memory isn't as good as it once was.....

I'm trying to remember something PETA has done that was in good taste, that had no shock value. Yeah, I couldn't think of anything either.

Their modus operandi is to use shock and poor taste to get their message out. So, it is interesting that the most shocking and distateful thing about PETA, is something they wish had never never gotten out.

Read this interesting story about PETA . Be prepared to be shocked.

Barbara Cox
"Babs Bunny"

I've been thinking about this for the past couple days. The family would have had to have given consent... This would be a lawsuit waiting to happen. I hate giving PETA the benefit of the doubt, but maybe it was meant more as a light hearted joke with a moral than a disrespectful attack on the family. I'll be interested to see how this progresses.

Not sure how reliable this info is, but according to this new's website...

As fans watched the latest special of the Duggar Family, an ad for PETA (People for Ethical Treatment of Animals) has been shared with the American public. One might have thought it might have been an ad with another naked celebrity. However, to the shock of some, it it a new billboard and campaign incorporating (without asking) TLC's Duggar Family.

Happi Bun wrote:
Not sure how reliable this info is, but according to this new's website...

As fans watched the latest special of the Duggar Family, an ad for PETA (People for Ethical Treatment of Animals) has been shared with the American public. One might have thought it might have been an ad with another naked celebrity. However, to the shock of some, it it a new billboard and campaign incorporating (without asking) TLC's Duggar Family.

Ah, I should have known better.

I thought it was almost close to funny, but PETA doesn't do much right.
The Duggar's don't have a copyright on their name and it isn't against the law to say they have a crap load of kids... They do.

Unrelated: I've seen their show once, it made me really uncomfortable.

WOW!

Okay, so I have to say, I understand the thought process. I just cannot imagine why in the WORLD that family would consent to that.

That being said, its pretty funny. I didnt realize the family really realized how insane it was to have 19 children. But still, that's just a really stupid campaign. I think it leaves a really unpleasant image in peoples heads. I already know of people who have a problem with fixing animals because it seems like such an extensive surgery and it seems "unfair" to them, but associating it with people is really not helping that image.

How can you call the family private when they have there own show documenting there family. They more then likely consented for a sum of money.

I too think it is sad to compare two consenting adults that are taking care of their young, financially, and in every other way , to a stray animal that is over populating the world and its young is having to be put to sleep at alarming rates. Having 19 kids is not for most people but who am i to complain when they are taking care of them, and affording them, they arent living off the system. I think the bilboard would be more appropriate if it was a mother that had 19 kids and wasnt taking care of any of them, and they were all taken away from her.

I, personally, had a big dislike for the Duggars. What they are doing is wrong, in my opinion. I can not watch their show or read anything on them. I have been waiting for a while for something to finely happen when they had a kid, I actually thought this almost death would finely put their minds right and make them stop, but it looks like they need the full thing.

I like the add, I find it very humorous. It makes me smile xD

"own their 7,000 s.f. home free and clear and have never taken any public assistance."

Sorry but I find that VERY untrue. They may say that but may god strike me down right where I sit if it be true. When the show started they lived in a rinky little house with what, three bed rooms? They talked about living month to month. Soon after the show started they started building that huge house. They got loads from that show plus people giving them stuff for being so overcrowded as a family, I have NO doubt about that.

Latest posts

Back