new parents

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

easters momma

Reaction score
sorry for the green font hope this is better

any ideas or pointers anyone has would be helpful.

this is my first time even being close enought to hold a bunny we havehad her almost a week now and i think she is the cutest little thing.

please let me know what i should be doing at this point to get her useto being with us (without getting scared every time we move) she is 6wks old.

what kinda of treats are good for her.

really any kind of info will help!

thanks

easters momma

Here is what I posted in your thread on Litterbox training-

Rabbits like it when they are at the same level as you. Inoticed what helped a lot with my bunny when I firstgothimwas laying down on the floor and just letting him come upto me and sniff me. It helped him feel more comfortablearound me. :)

Jenn

Congrats on your new bunny! as far as treats aslong as they say they are for rabbits or "small animals" it will be okfor them, however LIMIT the treats, no matter how cute they are and howmuch you want to give it to them make sure you limit. it can beeveryday but just a little bit. Make sure he's eating hay though. thatsreally good for them. Do u give timothy hay or alfalfa?

Sorry I missed this post.:( Some times I'm away from thecomputer,but I leave the forum on. Myreply is on the other thread you posted. This thread was hardto read because of the color. Thanks.

Rainbows! :)

Sorry, I can't read your post at all.Can you switch the font to black so that I and other older members canread it? Love the colors, but my eyes don't and I don't wantto miss what you've said.

:)

Welcome Aboard, Easter's Momma.

-Carolyn

Welcome Easters Mom , be sure to check the "cheat sheets for Rabbits at the begining of the forum it has greatinformation ,

I'm with Carolyn. Would love to be ableto see your post, but that light green font blends right into thebackground and I can't make it out. Black font on awhite background is easiest for everyone to be able to read.

Thanks!

Pam

easters momma wrote:
any ideas or pointers anyone has would be helpful.

this is my first time even being close enought to hold abunny we have had her almost a week now and i think she is the cutestlittle thing.

please let me know what i should be doing at this pointto get her use to being with us (without getting scared every time wemove) she is 6 wks old.

what kinda of treats are good for her.

really any kind of info will help!

thanks

easters momma
It will likely take her some time to adjust to her new home and family.At six weeks she probably missing her mom and siblings, too.

Try to stay at her level when interacting. Lay on the floor and let her come to you. Move very slow and talk gently to her.

I would hold off on introducing treats, veggies, and fruit for now.Unlimted alfalfa hay and unlimited alfalfa-based pellets should begiven at this stage. And of course lots of freshwater at alltimes.

I'm sure she'll be giving kisses and doing binkies in no time. But give it time.

As others have mentioned, check out the "Cheat Sheet" for lot of good info.

Keep us updated.

:~) Jim

Try holding her, she is looking for somebody warmnow to cuddle with since she is so young. Don't make sudden movesaround her, it may scare her.

thanks jenn.

i will try that she is coming around more and more.

im gonna try to post a picture soon, so i can show her off.

she's so cute

thanks for the tips

easters momma

Hi easters momma!
wave.gif
Welcome!

Timothy Hay is a type of hay that rabbitslike particularly well. There are other hays that they will eat andsome people do buy fresh hay from someone who grows it intheirlocal area. In that situation it quite often isnotTimothy hay.

I personally use Prairie Hay. I get ahuge bale for next to nothing. It is fresh grownless than 3miles from my home, freshcut,chemical free...mybunny loves it!

You can get the Timothy Hay at the petstores or Wal-Mart. I found we were going through it quite quickly andthis way was far moreeconomical for us. But you do have tohave storagespace also.

Thereare several hay threads inthe forum that you might search and read up on. Good Luck!

RaspberrySwirl

:Dthanks for the info its very helpful,

easter is starting to come around more and more todayshe finally let me walk right up to her without running the other wayand let me pick her up and hold her a little while! she's still notfully litter trained but much better at it, hopefully its just a matterof time.

thanks again,

easters momma:)

Latest posts

Back