NEW MEMBERS (Feb. 2006 - Jan. 2007) CLOSED

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks so much everyone!! you guys are so nice.pics willl be here very soon. i need to get back to school now ( imhome schooled ) ... but maybe this after noon if i have time.

Hey im Sean, got 2 rabbits, only had them 2months. Both male, young. 1's called Thumpa (my rabbit) and my sisters'is called Nibbles. lol thats all i can say, :D

Thats all we need...well that and pics if possible.

Hello Sean! Welcome to the forum!

Hey, bunnies never need a whole lot of introduction. Everysingle one is so adorable, they all just melt our hearts! :D

See you around the site! :)

Rosie*

Sean16 wrote:
Hey im Sean, got 2 rabbits, only had them 2 months. Bothmale, young. 1's called Thumpa (my rabbit) and my sisters' is calledNibbles. lol thats all i can say, :D

welcome to the forums!!! totally glad to ahve you here. can't wait to see pics :happybunny:

blackdutch wrote:
I'm in PA -- Pennsylvania -- but willing to travel to see them.

Here's a picture of my bunny..

bunnystanding.jpg

I saw that you had posted a couple of times that your Dutch had a DQ,but you weren't sure why. From this photo, the DQ appears tobe a "split stop" where the black color on the rear foot goes betweenthe toes and meets the black color on the other side. (The whiteportion of the back foot is referred to as a "stop".)

Pam

Hi Richie! Welcome to the site!

Hey, maybe we can help you out with a name! Do you have any pictures of your new bunny? :)

Look forward to chatting with you,

Rosie*

Hi Richie, your Bunny is sooooooo cute. Is ita boy or girl?

Note to self and this little darling to "Bunny Napping List"

Soooska:apollo:

Whata gorgeous mini rex! I love how soft he/she looks!

So is this a little boy or girl? Any luck with names? I always like people names, I think they're fun :)

Welcome!

-Haley

No idea if it's a boy or a girl yet, when ibought it and I asked the lady who worked at the shop. She said it'sstill to young to know. :? The bunny is about 3 months old :)

No luck with names yet either, i just dunno what to name he/she. Me mybrother and my mom was trying to think of some but we keep disagreeingwith each other lol.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE!!!!!!!

First name to pop into my head was Forest. Just a suggestion! Im surewhat ever you name that little cutie will due just fine!!:D

Apparently I put this in the wrong area, I just noticed a introductions area, whoops my bad!!!

Hello, My Name is Meg, and I currently have (sometimes I have a hardtime saying the number) 5 rabbits. I have had rabbits my entire life,having had the love of rabbits passed on from my grandmother who raisedfrench angoras for their wool. My first rabbits were a trio of buns,George a huge 15lb black neutered male of unknown breed, Ginger afemale netherland dwarf, and Babe a female mini rex. They all livedtogether until the ripe old ages of 14, 15 and 14. I then had Calvin aholland lop who died at the age of 2yrs due to heart defect.

My current rabbits are Lint, a 2yr oldmale french lop/frenchangora x, who I got as a 3week old baby along with five litter matesand bottle fed. Lint has always been very agressive with other people,basically anyone who shows the slightest bit of fear when he lunges andgrunts, he will then take advantage of and terrorize. That is thereason that I kept him when I was finding homes for his litter, he hasso much personality, and he makes me laugh constantly. Plus the hugeego stroke that I get from being the only person Lint will actually hopover to, sit on and cuddle with.

Brodie, is a female mini rex, who color I can only describe as theequivalent of a red, grey and white calico cat (I don't know that muchabout color terms in rabbits). I found Brodie about 2blocks from myhouse wandering in the middle of the road. By my guess of how old shewas when I found her, which was around three months, She is now over ayear old. Around6 months ago my niece and nephew were heplingme feed the rabbits while I recovered from a car accident. Brodie andLint had seperate cages, one in the living room and one in the office.My niece was feeding them and forgot to lock the rabbits cages withthose climbing hook things that I use and left the door to the officeopen. Lint let himself out hopped over to the living rooma and lethimself into Brodie's cage. This all happened four days before Lint wasscheduled to go into the vet to get neutered.

Needless to say almost 31 days to the hour later Brodie had 9 babies.She was a terrible mom at first. Brodie is not so much a rabbit but adog/cat combined in a rabbit body. Her best buddies are my cats and mydog and she has picked up quite a bit of their behaviors. I got homethat night to find Brodie mid labour, She was in her nest boxand had six already. It took her only around 20mins to have the lastthree. When she was done she proceeded to grab one of them, drag it outof the nest box, and then dropped it in front of me. I grabbed a handfull of fluff from the nest picked it up and put it back in the box.She continued to do that for several weeks after having them, stoppingonly after I started picking them up on my own.

None of the babies ended up with either parents coat, they all havemedium length but extremly soft coats. They also have up right ears, nolops like Lint.

There was a runt in the litter who at three weeks old was starting toget very week so I bottle fed it twice a day, until it began to eatsolid food, which it was the first one to do. That runt is now Joplin,who just got neutered a week ago, we thought he was a girl up until hewas around 6weeks old hence the name, but we were so used to callinghim it that it stuck. He is a very pretty boy, he is a pale cream colorwith slightly darker grey nose and ears, he also has a lighteryellowish brown eye color.

Joni appears to be black but is actuallychocolatebrownon top with a black belly and legs. There is actually aline where the black stops and brown begins, it goes straight acrossher abdomen horizontally, andthen at her legs forms a pointdown her fore arm and thigh.It is a verycool color.

The third and last baby that I kept is Stevie, She has at five monthsold surpassed her both of her parents insize and weight. Sheis a big girl, almost 10 lbs and not fat at all.She is thesame height as my cats, and weighs more than one of them. Stevie isred, she has a darker orangey red on top and a lighter creamy orange onthe bottom in the same pattern as Joni. there is the odd blob of darkgreythroughout her coat, especially on her face. Stevie hashuge gigantic ears,I absolutely love them. they arelikeenormous antennas on her head.

Well that is my little rabbit herd, who amasingly live inperfect harmony together, in a four story cage(actually one of thoseblack ferret cages) and fenced off 6' by 6' area in front of the cage.They also have several hours of out of cage time a day in my bedroomand office.

I hope you enjoyed meeting me and my bunny family, and I look forward to talking to people on this site.

Thanks, Meg, and the buns!!!

Hi Meg and Welcome!

Im going to merge thiswith the Intro thread, so people know where to find out more about you!

Feel free to create a Bunny Blog...we love pics!

-Haley

Latest posts

Back