NEW MEMBERS (CLOSED)....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for your reply. Sure is acute bunny :D. I hope that the twitching is a relaxedreaction. It's almost as if she is having mini convulsionsbut there never seems to be anything wrong with her... she doesn't seemworried so I guess I shouldn't be.

Jamie

:)Hi, i'm new here. I have been interested in rabbits for awhile now, and i will likely adopt my first rabbit in late June. I figured this would be a great place to ask questions before i adopt.

Warmest welcome to our newest members. :)

We've got some gorgeous little bunny avatars out there.

Bunnydude: Very smart of you to do your homework now on getting abunny. If you haven't checked out the Cheat Sheet for Rabbit Care, Iwould suggest you do

Happy Posting, Everyone! Glad to see all the new faces.

-Carolyn

Thanks, the cheat sheet was very informative.The more I read in books and on this forum, the more I want a bunny.They are so awesome! But like I said, I'll only have to wait a month ortwo.

Hi, my name is Tiffany and I'm new to the site.I own an adorable ~5 month old bunny named Freddy. I was told when hewas bought that he was a Netherland Dwarf but I soon found out as hegrew that he fits none of the descriptions of the breed except for hissize. I would love to find out what breed he actually is, but I've hadno luck (His breed doesn't matter to me I love him to pieces butnatural curiosity gets the best of me :p). I never knew how fun,interesting and loving bunnies actually. I always thought they werecute but never thought that they were a pet you could really interactwith. Boy was I dead wrong. Freddy is my shadow where ever I go hefollows. He loves to play and is the most docile and affectionateanimal I have ever met. He loooooves to cuddle and is very jealous ofmy laptop he likes sit or laydown on the keyboard so I have to payattention to him. He has quite the personality. Okay so enough aboutFreddy I could go on for hours.

I would just like to say that lionheads being anew breed, lots of people are buying them now.anytime a new breed comesout the are a lot of sales in the beginning sometimes the popularitystays sometimes it doesnt.i remember holland lops being new and all therage.I have all the top bloodlines in my breed.I sell mostly to othershow breeders.Rabbit prices would have to be much higher to make aprofit.bluebird

Hi. I'm new. My name is Stacey and I have 6rabbits. Flopsy, Lilo, Stitch, Pepper, Spice & Twinkle. Justthought this is a great place for rabbit lovers.

This is Flopsy :cool:

f38kv.jpg

hi everyone. my name is babbers mymom's name is rita, we recently joined the forum and thoughtwe would share a little about ourselves.iam a 2 year old mini rex.myfavorite foods are kale,hay and bananas. my favorite things to do arepush my ball around,chase my mom's feet and sit on my mom's lap whileshe looks at the bunnies on the forum.my mom got me from her friend 2years ago.my mom's friend bought me from a pet shop for her kids anddecided not to keep me after a couple of weeks so my mom took me in,itwas the best thing for both of us. thanks for reading our post . bestwishes to all mom's,dad's and bunnies. take care,

babbers and babbers' mom

hi

:Di think is a great idea for new members it makes us feelwelcome. :Dif u hadnt guesed im new 2 this forum but not 2the rabbit world. i hav had rabbits since i was 10 which wasnt thatlong ago since in only14 but still.

my first rabbit Fluffy is a mini lop except 1 of his ears never loped.unfortunatley when he was about 2 1/2 he caught a disese in his stomachso he died.

i now have 2 female rabbits Daisy and Dandy. they somtimes get on butsomtimes hate each other :X( well daisy hates Dandy)

i have started breedin them and hav recently found 7 babies inDandy's nest. :)

Hello, I'm also new to theforum. I got a little holland lop about a month agoand am really enjoying him. He's only about 2 monthsold. I'm trying to little box train him, but he's notcooperating so much. He goes anywhere in the cage he wants,including next to his food bowl, which I've heard rabbits neverdo. Is this because he is so young? I'd appreciateany info. Thanks.

Welcome, Welcome, Welcome All! :dude:

Don't hesitate to ask questions. You'll also find a lot of information in our archives if you do a search on a subject.

lmolloy, if you go into the "Top Picks" post, 2nd from the top, you'llsee in there, a link to what's called "A Cheat Sheet for Rabbit Care".In there, there's notes, books, and website links to a lot of differenttopics. You'll find a link entitled "Litterbox Training".

Your little one is behaving normally, but there are techniques andthings you can do to help train them to go in the litterbox. It won'talways work with the poop as they have little control over the musclethat releases, but if you can get them to urinate in the box all thetime, that's great. Some rabbits are better with litterboxes thanothers. My Polish is a terror, my Flemish is a doll. My Holland won'tdeal with one, but she won't urinate while she's out for her exercisetime.

Hope you all enjoy the forum! :)

-Carolyn

NEW MEMBERS: We'd love to have you put up yourown thread where you post all your bunny's pictures in it. Not only isit great to have all the pictures in one post, our members would loveto oooh and ahhh over them.

:)

Hello everybody. I hope i didn't do amess cause i've tried to post something but it seems it wasn'tsent. I wanted to ask a few questions. Do rabbitsget quieter when they become adults? Mine is about 2 monthsold and he's a speedy-rabbit. It's difficult to catch up withhim. How old mustrabbits be in order to beconsidered adults? Also, any suggestions on how to train yourrabbit to be picked up / handled?

Any suggestions / experiences would be greatly appreciated.I'm a new bunny owner from about 4 weeks and i still have a lot ofquestions!!!!

Thanks

Ann

More questions...

How do I rid our patio and surrounding area of the bunny urine odor?

Cheeto has been chewing up the carpet seam around the patio door. How do I prevent this? He gets plenty of oudoor time.

Cheeto spends a considerable amount of time "chillin'" on the couch.But before he settles in, he'll dig into it and then start nipping andpulling on the fabric. Think a "shredder box" would work (giving him aspot with newspaper)?

New member and relatively new bunny mom here.

We adopted Groucho about two months ago from the local shelter and weadopted Harpo two weeks ago -- they are siblings from the samelitter. They are 4 months old now.

Here is Groucho (female) -- they named her at the shelter when theythought it was male. We didn't know how to tell, at thatage. When we brought Harpo home at closer to 4 months agewith his, ahem, obvious manhood on display, we quickly realized thatGroucho was not male. We have kept them separated since.

And here is a picture of Harpo.

Can anyone tell me what breed you think they are? The shelterlisted as American and dwarf? But based on the research Ihave done on-line, I don't think that's right. They are small-- about 3-4 lbs each.

thanks for any help.

Latest posts

Back