New Indoor Hutch

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Elliot wrote:
Thank you Silversky.:) He is seriously thinking it's a big log to chew.:p Is bitter apple safe to deter him?

Oh, is he chewing the wood parts of the hutch? I have used bitter apple on my couch edges in the past. I'm not so sure I would use inside his hutch though. If the smell is unpleasant to him, it doesn't seem good to have it in his sanctuary.

Maybe those plastic corner/edge protectors can work?

The hutch is a nice-looking home base. Having that x-pen around as you plan will surely make him one happy bunny.

BTW, your parrot is gorgeous!

It looks great! I bought a hutch when Kitty just had 1 pet rabbit. I got it from TSC, and it was the biggest piece of crap I'd ever seen. The back, where the roof connects to the hinges, completely split off the first time we opened it. The front door wasn't aligned with the slide bolt, etc. I ended up taking out the cheap wire they had on the bottom and put in heavy gauge wire, and that's where my Cher doe is living.

The parrot is absolutely beautiful!!!!!! I love the coloring on the tip of the feathers around her head. Gorgeous girl!!

It looks amazing! The parrot cage too - it's huge! Wonderful set-ups :) Props to you for taking awesome care of your wee ones!

:bunnysuit:

Blue eyes wrote:
Elliot wrote:
Thank you Silversky.:) He is seriously thinking it's a big log to chew.:p Is bitter apple safe to deter him?

Oh, is he chewing the wood parts of the hutch? I have used bitter apple on my couch edges in the past. I'm not so sure I would use inside his hutch though. If the smell is unpleasant to him, it doesn't seem good to have it in his sanctuary.

Maybe those plastic corner/edge protectors can work?

The hutch is a nice-looking home base. Having that x-pen around as you plan will surely make him one happy bunny.

BTW, your parrot is gorgeous!
I guess I was thinking of it as an unpleasant taste, not a smell. Hmm..hopefully he will stop. I can usually get him to shift behavior by changing my voice slightly, and saying his name & no.:innocent What are the corner protectors sold for? Thanks for the nice comments. She is my second Hawkheaded Parrot. I just love them, but they are not for everyone.

wendymac wrote:
It looks great! I bought a hutch when Kitty just had 1 pet rabbit. I got it from TSC, and it was the biggest piece of crap I'd ever seen. The back, where the roof connects to the hinges, completely split off the first time we opened it. The front door wasn't aligned with the slide bolt, etc. I ended up taking out the cheap wire they had on the bottom and put in heavy gauge wire, and that's where my Cher doe is living.

The parrot is absolutely beautiful!!!!!! I love the coloring on the tip of the feathers around her head. Gorgeous girl!!
Aww, that is disappointing! I was too on this. I sent the seller a complaint and already got a reply..I was shocked. If I send the part numbers that were broken, she says she will get with the manufacturer and they can replace them. Thanks for the compliment. Those of us who keep them call the top part a cresty.:biggrin: My other bird is named Cochise, as the top part reminds me of an Indian headdress.:)

Samara wrote:
It looks amazing! The parrot cage too - it's huge! Wonderful set-ups :) Props to you for taking awesome care of your wee ones!

:bunnysuit:
Thanks so much for the kind words.:)

Oh my gosh! Elliot is so cute and I haven't seen pictures of him in so long!

I'm sorry that you're so disappointed in the quality of the hutch, I know those aren't cheap. I like that it's two levels though it makes really good use of the space. So even though the square footage wasn't what you had anticipated he still has a good bit of space. And, with the x-pen he'll have a super duper mansion!

Thanks Jordan.:) I love him to pieces. I never knew bunnies could have so much personality until I met Elliot.:love:
Overall I am happy with it. It's just kind of disheartening when you pay nearly $200. for something, and it arrives broken! This well could have been the shipper's fault.

Elliot wrote:
What are the corner protectors sold for? Thanks for the nice comments. She is my second Hawkheaded Parrot. I just love them, but they are not for everyone.

Here's a link for the kind we have in AZ, but these are rounded because the houses here are built with wall corners rounded and not at sharp 90 degrees. I think this makes the guards more expensive. The more squared kind should be less. (I used to live on the east coast)

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-100119073/h_d2/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&keyword=corner+protectors&storeId=10051

This one is $7.84 for 8 foot length.

(I always wanted to get a sun conure.)

Thanks Elizabeth, and thank you for the link Blue Eyes.
Sun conures~ all day screamers!:pullhair:

Back