New bunny attacked and open wound advice

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kleb06

Reaction score
Hi guys. It’s me again! I was suppose to get my new bunny Thursday and the lady just messaged me that he got into another moms cage and she attacked him. She offered another bunny but I feel so bad passing on this little guy. Any advice is welcome

Attachments

• 5CA8094B-31E6-4C51-B040-C906F3026785.png
    5CA8094B-31E6-4C51-B040-C906F3026785.png
    497.8 KB · Views: 10
Just trying to remember... you have at home now a recently neutered male right? If your hopes were to bond him, it's easiest to allow your current rabbit to choose his bondmate. Once his hormones have settled, he can be introduced to other fixed rabbits (female would generally be easier) to pre-screen for potential compatibility.

Maybe this unfortunate incident will give you that opportunity? (Am I assuming correctly that your current boy hasn't yet met this other rabbit? )

Yes he is almost 3 weeks post neuter. He wasn’t showing any hormonal signs if that makes a difference. I was planning on keeping the other bunny in a different room for at least a week so he could get use to us.
I don’t know how he could choose his bond mate? I live in a small town that is quite remote and have to travel for anything. Also the only vet somewhat close only will neuter bunnies. I’m so confused now

Latest posts

Back