New baby bunny!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jen

Reaction score
I bought this little guy (well, I think it's aguy! lol) at Tractor Supply yesterday. There were a lotofbuns for sale. He's only 4 wks old.:? He seems healthy and he's eating/drinking, pooping/peeingnormally. There were also some adorable mini rex buns and Iwanted one of them, too, but mom said no. I'm working on her,tho. ;)

I have a couple of questions. I have another Neth. Dwarfnamed Madison. She'll be 1 y/o in May. She is goingto be spayed on the 28th, btw. Anyway, I need to know how oldthis little guy need to be before I try introducing them to eachother. He's extremely tiny! Also, his eyes are abit runny but they seem better today than they wereyesterday. He was in with a lot of other buns and lots ofkids were picking them up and really stressing them out. *sigh*

Jen

edit- that's a 3" trim he's next to!

Wowthats is realy young to be away from its mother!!! my lion head hadbabies and i read that you need to wait 7 weeks before you seperatethem from there mother. but your babie is the same age as as my babiesbabies. About the whole joining them thing, do it slowly keep yourfemale in her cage and let them sniff eachother through the bars dothat for a wile till the doe gets used to him. Since there are bothyoung it shouldent take long. then let them run around with eachotherthen gratually when the get aquanted. keep a close eye on them wile youdo this so she doesnt feel that he is invading her space and once he issexually mature GET HIM FIXED!!! Hope it helpsChelsea:dude:

Yeah I thought that was really young,too! I had to wait until Madison was 12 wks before thebreeder would sell her. I guess I'll give him some time tosettle in and gradually introduce them. Oh, and he'll beneutered asap!

Thanks!
Jen

Im saving up to get mybabie fixed butit is 80 dollars!!!!! Anyway people sell the babies? I never thought ofselling mamies babies. people around here give there bunnies away. Igot angel and mammie out of the giveaway section in the classifieds.But is your babie doing ok keep me posted chelsea

A rabbit spay here is $90! I paid $15for this bun and $20 for my first. People around here sellthem like crazy. He seems okay right now. Justletting him rest and be quiet for a while.

There is a lot of helpful info on this thread-

http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=5299&forum_id=1

particularly from some of the breeders.It's a good idea to read through it with your baby being so young. I'dsuggest you be very careful about letting it get near your other bunnyuntil you are sure it doesn't have anything it could give your otherone, you know, since it has teary eyes and such. Love that baby up! Itsure is cute!

RaspberrySwirl

Yes I was concerned about the whole illnessthing. Madison is staying outside in her pen and the littleone is inside. How long do you think I should keep themseparated? With horses we say a month. That soundabout right?

I love him to pieces already! He's so adorable!

Wow...spaying is cheap by all of you. Here isabout $150 plus pain medication and blood tests. They also want you tocome in before the surgery for a visit so in total it is over $200. Weare saving up to get both of our bunnies done soon.

4 weeks is very young to be away from mum.

I'd keep them seperate cages whilst your new addition grows a little.

becc_boland wrote:
your new bunny is gorgeous! I'm not sure how much it is here to get your rabbit spayed but ill find out

Becc I am in NSW and to get bunnies done here in my area is anywhere from $130-$150

I keep all new rabbits away from my other rabbitsfor a month.i didnt once and im sorry now, i lost several rabbitsbecause i didnt .he looked healthy but he was a carrier.bluebird

Latest posts

Back