new babies- are they okay?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plainjane

Reaction score
i just got two little bun babies, believe they are mini lops, but not sure. they are lops of some kind. i did get them from the pet store, as around here there aren't too many options unless i drive 3-6 hours away to a rescue.

anywho, these two are sweet little babies, unsure how old they are, but they appear to be not any older than 12 weeks to me. their eyes, ears, coats, and bowel movements are fine. however, they are both so calm, i wonder if they are almost lethargic? i mean, they are both affectionate as well, licking my hands while i hold them. they both slip/hop around and explore for small periods of time, and then just seem to plop down.

i guess i'm wondering if it's normal for very young buns to nap and rest often? are some buns just more calm/easy-going than others?

just wanted to double check. thanks! :)

It is possible that they are younger than 12 weeks.
usually baby buns are very active but possibly these 2 are younger than you think .I would take them to a vet who is rabbit knowledgeable to make sure they are healthy and sexed properly (you don't want babies.)
Very young bunnies are usually very sweet and easy to handle ; this will change with adolescence )and the attitude will begin to show.

I don't think that the word lethargic would apply to a healthy 3 month old bun so best to get them looked at.
pet shops are notorious for selling bunnies too young.

In any case keep them on good alfalfa pellets and hay , some timothy hay also but no veggies for now.

I agree, lethargy isn't a good thing, but they could still be in that very tired stage that baby bunnies seem to go through. They should have as many alfalfa pellets as they will eat, along with alfalfa and timothy hay.

Latest posts

Back