New Angora Adoption - questions about grooming

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for that link! Very useful!

Poor little Butterscotch is looking a little bit pathetic now after his full haircut, but I do think he is more comfortable. The mats were everywhere and really pulling at his skin. Now I can groom the coat as it comes in.

For some reason, I can't seem to get photos to embed.

http://flickr.com/photos/10178403@N05/3273636622/

http://flickr.com/photos/10178403@N05/3273636488/

zB5gHegslxNfY_IHO6Lhxw

Eek! I want your bunneh! I watched the video of him hopping around, and I want him! So fluffy! I squealed when I saw him hopping around. He looks like a giant bunny slipper! My boyfriend just shook his head... He thought the haircut pictures were pretty funny, though. Poor little bunner, so ... bald! Still cute, though!

That and your blog is for your bun, you and your family! So please share!!!:biggrin2:

naturestee wrote:
That's what "Let Your Hare Down" is for. You won't be the first one posting pics of goats and sheep, although I think you will be the first with llamas and donkeys!

Clevername - yes! He does look like that one! I hope the brown will come through more now that his coat will be better cared for.

KHerrmann3 - He really DOES look like a big bedroom slipper, especially when he had that long coat. He'll get it back. But you can't have him! :p

JadeIcing - my real blog is here:
http://chooksiniowa.blogspot.com
I will try to post some pics of my other critters here though. Hard to keep up with two blogs at once! It would be nice to figure out how to get the pictures to post. When I try, it gives me a little box with the drawing icon in it, and then promptly disappears. Urgh...I tried with links from both Picasa and Flickr, to no avail. I use Firefox on a mac, I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

Oh how I love my local shelter! They call me every time a sheep or a goat comes in, and now they are calling me when any angoras come in. So today, I got the call. What do you think? Are these guys angora crosses? They are sweet, although the male (Flynt) needs a lot of grooming. Major mats on that one. They are a bonded pair and their owner died. The male is the one in back and the female in front. They are presently being fixed and then I can pick them up.

image001.jpg

They came in as "Elvis and Marilyn" but that wasn't working for me.

(Oh yay, I figured out picture posting)

WhisperingAcres wrote:
KHerrmann3 - He really DOES look like a big bedroom slipper, especially when he had that long coat. He'll get it back. But you can't have him! :p
Aww, shucks! *kicks dirt around*

Those new buns are adorable! You will have a pair of slippers! *squee!*

Cuties! They look like Fuzzy Lop mixes to me, but I could be wrong. How big are they? Fuzzy Lops are a smaller wool breed with somewhat shorter fur and more often kept as pets. The fur is supposed to be "easy care" but some have fur that mats really easy.

Good thing you like wool! I hate seeing longhaired buns in the shelter, many pet people don't do enough to keep the fur properly.

Well, that raises a good question - they might be wooly lops. I have no idea! I would say they are roughly the same size as the English angora I have, but he's not a huge one either. I will say that the fur on Kindlin (the female) appears longer than the fur on the male. But I only interacted with them briefly, and Flynt's fur might be shorter due to poor grooming, breakage, etc. His head was different - much more normal fur length for buns, but Kindlin had more of a true angora look to me.

We thought Flynt and Kindlin were sort of cute names for a bonded pair. To start the fire so to speak!

Here is the other picture I have of Kindlin. I think it shows her fur length better.

image002.jpg

Latest posts

Back