New Additions: Benji & Babs

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BenjiAndBabs

Reaction score
At 9am this morning I walked a few miles, justto get rabbits. I got two, a fawn coloured 6 week old female, and a 14week black male. We are getting Benji (the male) neutured when he isold enough.

Benji is really nosy and cheeky already, and Babs is shy and quiet. They are great friends :)

I'll get pics later.

I can't wait to see some pics! What breed are they?

Are you keeping them in the same cage? Babs could get pregnant as earlyas 12 weeks (I think- I'm not an expert) and that would be painful atthat age. I'm not trying to lecture I'm just making sure you know.

Oh and welcome to the forum! :wave:

naturestee wrote:
I can't wait to see some pics! What breed are they?

Are you keeping them in the same cage? Babs could get pregnant as earlyas 12 weeks (I think- I'm not an expert) and that would be painful atthat age. I'm not trying to lecture I'm just making sure you know.

Oh and welcome to the forum! :wave:

You are correct! Though it would be painfull it could also be fatal.Keep the bunnies seperate until they are neutered/spayed that way thereare no mistakes :)

~Amy

Benji&Babs wrote:
She cant get pregnant from 6 weeks though can she?
How old does the male have to be before they can be fixed?

No, she can't. It's just that you'll need to separate them before 12 wks.

I believe the age for neutering varies depending on your vet, but thetesticles must have descended--and at 14 wks., that may have alreadyhappened. Has it? If he has indeed hit maturity he will probably harasshis cage mate with unwanted advances, regardless of the other's sex. Soyou may want to separate them sooner.

If he hasn't hitpuberty yet, he will soon!Beware!Bucks are little stinkers when they hit the "teenmonths". ;)

Congrats and good luck with both!

Rose

Mocha does that in my bathroom! Actually, thefunniest thing is when she's trying to go in. She'll cautiously put hertwo front feet on the slick floor and then start leaning forward. Andher feet slide out from under her! She usually remembers how to get onthe floor after a couple of false starts.:p

Welcome aboard, Benji&Babs! :wave:

It sounds like the two little ones have found their way to heaven in your loving care. What lucky babies.

If you'd like me to fix your username, I'd be happy to. Unfortunatelywith "&" in it, people won't be able to send you Private Messages.Send me a PM (Up on the right hand corner of the screen, it says"Signed in as: Benji&ampBabs" click in where it says 'no newmessages' and type my name when you get the memo screen. Let me knowwhat you'd like it switched to so that you don't have problems signingin or getting messages.

-Carolyn

Hi BenjiandBab's Mom! :wave:

Recieved your PM, but not sure you'll be able to pick the one up that I sent back.

The " ' " in the suggestion you made is going to have the same effecton your PMs that the "&" does. So Benji'n'Babs won't work either.:? Sorry!

I can change your username completely if you wish to one of the two you suggested.
Or, you could do any of the following if you wish to keep it as the rabbit's names.

BenjiNBabs
Benji_and_Babs
BenjiAndBabs

...you get the idea. :)

Let me know what you'd like, and realize that when you come to signonto the forum and you can't get in under you're "Benji&ampBabs"username, you'll want to type the new one.

Have a great day. :sunshine:

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back