Neutering

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jennuh

Reaction score
My sister and I rescued my bunny about a year and a half ago, close to two years. We brought him to the vet when we first got him and they told my sister he was 2-4 years old. Do you think he's too old to be neutered? Or does age not make a difference? I'm interested in trying to bond him with another bunny, but I don't want any issues.

No, he's probably not too old. As long as he doesn't have any health issues, he should do just fine.

Age has nothing to do with it. It all has to do with overall health. I would plan on the vet suggesting doing a full blood panel to check for underlying health issues. As far as age, I had a rescue that we estimated at over 5 years old that came in with testicular cancer. We did an emergency neuter...without blood work....and he is still here and this happened several years ago.

Randy

I had Flash neutered at 12 yrs old, bloodwork was done and by a rabbit savvy vet. He's not too old by far.

Back