Neutering tomorrow!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stanza

Reaction score
So I'm taking flops in to get neutered tomorrow morning.
The vet visit was a little weird to be honest. But they had been swamped today so I'm assuming the vet must have just had a long day..
I'm feeling a bit uneasy about this though.

The vet was recommended by the house rabbit society though so I think it should be fine.
There was a mix up with the appointment time so they were expecting us at 11 and we showed up at 2. Anyways, the vet seemed like he was in a hurry so I didn't really get all of the information that I wanted about the after care and stuff.

What should I expect? Do I need to make sure I come home with any pain meds?

Sorry if this has already been asked I looked around a little and didn't find anything!

Make sure you ask what kind of pain meds he will be getting because he'll need them a few days. Antibiotics are not a big deal to have unless there was a complication I think. make sure the vet tells you what kind of cut he made and what stitches he got. If you are there while flops is still out maybe the vet can show you what the site looks like but if not ask him to explain/ describe what the stitches look like so you know what doesn't look right!! When to remove stitches if necessary as well.

It went good!

They said he did awesome, and he seems to be back to himself again:)

I felt so bad having to leave him there though !

Thanks for asking :]

Latest posts

Back