Neutered and spraying?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CantDutchThis

Reaction score
I have a 1year/3mo old velveteen lop male who was neutered at 6months. I just moved his cage and noticed splatters of pee all up the wall ( to waist hight on me) behind his cage (this was his one level cage, before I moved him to the new hutch I posted a few days ago)..

Can they, or do they still spray once neutered? I've never noticed this before..until recently.. just wondering if anyone else has experienced this..

I think it's more likely he's shaking droplets of urine off his fur of splashing urine that's not absorbed when he jumps out of the litter box. I've noticed it with two of my rabbits on some of their accessories, I doubt it's spraying though.

Waist high is pretty high...a neutered rabbit can still spray, though it is much less likely to. At least the urine odor won't be nearly as strong as if he were intact.

Only waist high? The darn ES I bought hits our faces...from the ground. :( In my research I've found that neutering may or may not help with spraying, and it sounds like yours didn't help much. Maybe put plastic behind his cage, so at least it's not getting on walls/floors/etc?

That´s a real shame....mine used to spray like that but it disappeared after the neuter. The one thing I do not miss lol.

My bunny Gidget is still spraying after getting the snip 2 weeks ago, but I have another male bunny so it's a territorial thing. It isnt as bad but she still does it.

Rocky my other boy sprays sometimes when he can smell Gidget, again a territory thing. Rocky was neutered about 2 years ago now. probably doesnt help you, but they can still spray after being neutered.

It could be splashing (he went through a few day bout of a lottttttt of peeing ( problem resolved!) where his litter box was practically flooded in a day so Im hoping it was from that.. I just noticed it when I moved him and never noticed it previously and there are no other animals in the house to set him off territory wise. I will keep an eye for now! I sure hope he's not spraying!

Latest posts

Back