Needy bunnie...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

honeybunnie8

Reaction score
I have two Buns..Lancelot and Camille...I havenoticed that Camille is very needy latley. Lancelot will be sittingthere grooming himself and camille will run over and shove her headunder him face to get him to groom her...he will move and way and shewill follow...I'm wondering if this is normal for a pair of Bunnies oris she is just really needy and maybe I should seperate them sometimesso he can have some alone time.

They live in an enclosure that takes up half my living room..its justfenced off so there is room to be alone she just is almost always rightthere with him.

I have also noticed that he has lost some weight latley and I think itis because she eats all the food before he gets some. She is a mini rexand she eats ALL the time. If there is food she eats it while he onlyeats when he is hungry and I think he is missing out...Maybe spendnight time seperated? or maybe day time??

I dont want to seperate themif its going to make them unhappy.

Hi Honeybunnie8, I wouldn't suggest seperatingthem. Our two bunnies were seperated for one day/nite (mindyou one wasn't feeling too good) and when we put them back togetherthey fought and I mean really fought.

It took us almost two months to get them to be friends again.My husband &I swear we will never seperate themagain, even if we have to take one to the vet the other will come withus.

good Luck

Soooska

It sounds perfectly normal. Mitzy doesthat to Norman all the time. She tends to be a bit of a diva. Normanhad better groom himself on his own time, The queen wants her bath Now.Don't separate them, like Sooska said even a brief seperation can breaktheir bond and you are back to square one in having to bond them allover again.

Rabbits in the wild live in a heirarchy. It's a trait that has carried on into our babies still.

Tina

as long as he has room to hop away, they shouldbe ok..sounds like my two. Princess will follow Mr Licksaround until he chases her off lol..

Just wondering, but why do you guys think unbonding happens so quickly?We've separated ours a couple of times and they're fine.. when Mr Licksbroke his leg, he was in the hospital overnight and Princess darn nearloved him to death when he got back ;) and we had themseparated in rooms for a week to determine why Licks was missing fur..and Princess went over the barrier to be with him.. but, they are alsolittermates and never had to be 'introduced'..

I have two bunnies who are bonded but I'vealways separated them on a night time. This is because duringthe day they share a massive run and on a night I like to put them inthe garage away from the elements...my hubby made me a hutch but Ididn't think it was big enough for two seven pound bunnies so Iinsisted on buying another hutch and gave them a hutch each - just tosleep in on a night. I didn't know at the time thatseparating them could cause unbonding so I carried on doing it and Inever had a problem when I put them back in the run together the nextday so when I found out that you shouldn't separate them at all Iconsidered changing what I was doing but they really seemed settled andhappy with the arrangements. If I carry them both into thegarage they hop up into their own hutches quite happily.During the day Twinkle (the doe) is the same as your rabbit - she isvery needy and always putting her head underneath Benjamin - sometimeshe is practically sat on her head as she shoves it so far underhim. Benjamin in the dominant bunny - or so it seems butTwinkle is always the one getting groomed and pinching most of the food!

Latest posts

Back