Needing names for the buns

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kzbun

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I’ve recently came back to the site after adopting two little buns. I’ve been struggling to officially name them though. I’ve played around with Cinnamon and Cinna-bun for the tri colored female. The black and white female I have played around with Sugar and Oreo. I don’t really think the names are deserving of the bun though! I’ve only had them for 4 days, but I’ll share what I’ve observed with them.
Cinn loves to run around and explore! She’s the one that will run circles around their pen or sniff around the edge and pop up on her hind legs to look around.
Oreo is a digger/hider. She loves the box she can hide in and regularly scratches at the side of it. She’s also a bit of a lounger. She likes to flop her legs out and stretch when she’s laying down.
Any name suggestions would be appreciated! Pictures attached for reference. (Don’t mind the mess, I haven’t cleaned the pen yet this morning)

Attachments

• 32A3A02C-86F9-48D0-8F80-163FB22381CD.jpeg
    32A3A02C-86F9-48D0-8F80-163FB22381CD.jpeg
    156.2 KB · Views: 5
  • ABCBFA10-AE75-4CB8-89A4-2509B808170B.jpeg
    ABCBFA10-AE75-4CB8-89A4-2509B808170B.jpeg
    173.3 KB · Views: 6
  • B795C9A5-C91C-4985-A436-E371E6B9A29D.jpeg
    B795C9A5-C91C-4985-A436-E371E6B9A29D.jpeg
    147 KB · Views: 6
  • 8926B449-6D45-492B-81AF-D17495440B4E.jpeg
    8926B449-6D45-492B-81AF-D17495440B4E.jpeg
    161 KB · Views: 6
While I don't have any name suggestions that specifically match, I tend to name my rabbits after book or movie characters or historical figures that fit the personality they have. Since my bunnies are co-owned by my sister and me to ensure they always have a safe place to live, we named them after figures important to both our areas of study, Willa Cather, the writer, and Foxwell Albright, the archaeologist.

I could totally see an archaeologist for the digger (Indy could be cute), although I'm a little biased in the archaeology department. An explorer or female traveler could be cute for the one who likes to adventure. What sort of interests do you have or things you love that could turn into cute names?

Names are always tough for me to choose. The names you've been considering are cute, however if you don't think they match the personalities, then maybe try something not based on their coloring (or maybe less on their coloring)?

I have this copy/paste as a reference when considering names. Maybe something here will spark an idea:

Do you have any favorite movies or books? You can use character names from those.

There are also lots of different theme groupings.

You could consider PLANT names like Basil, Pepper, Pumpkin, Rose, Daisy, Ivy, Lily.

Or "SKY" names like Orion, Pluto, Neptune, Draco, Galaxy, Nebula, Venus, Galaxy.

Or ROCK names like Quartz, Malachite, Copper, Clay, Diamond, Silver, Marble, Slate, Coal.

Or WEATHER names like Blizzard, Volcano, Storm, Dusty, Sunny, Cloud, Rain, Frost

Or based on COLOR (depending on color of course) like Ginger, Cinnamon, Onyx, Vanilla, Cream, Snow, Midnight, Shadow, Cocoa, Butter, Spot, Speckles.

Food names can be in themes as well…

COFFEE: Latte, Mocha, Coffee, Cocoa, Chino (short for Cappuccino), Cream, Sugar

CANDY: Snickers, Twix, Skittles, Hershey, M&M, Pez, Toffee

MEXICAN: Burrito, Taco, Bean, Salsa

SNACKS: Popcorn, Peanut, Cheesecake, Cupcake, Cookie, Yogurt, Crumble, Dorito, Frito

SPICES: Cinnamon, Basil, Honey, Ginger, Garlic, Nutmeg, Mint

ICE-CREAM: Vanilla, Rocky Road, Cookie Dough, Chip, Strawberry

FRUIT: Peaches, Cherry, Raspberry, Kiwi, Blueberry, Tangerine

While I don't have any name suggestions that specifically match, I tend to name my rabbits after book or movie characters or historical figures that fit the personality they have. Since my bunnies are co-owned by my sister and me to ensure they always have a safe place to live, we named them after figures important to both our areas of study, Willa Cather, the writer, and Foxwell Albright, the archaeologist.

I could totally see an archaeologist for the digger (Indy could be cute), although I'm a little biased in the archaeology department. An explorer or female traveler could be cute for the one who likes to adventure. What sort of interests do you have or things you love that could turn into cute names?
Oh my gosh! I love Indiana Jones! Indy is awesome! I love to read, watch shows and movies, and the outdoors. I used to name mine after herbs or ingredients, but that’s just not sitting well with these two. You may have given me a great idea for them though!
Names are always tough for me to choose. The names you've been considering are cute, however if you don't think they match the personalities, then maybe try something not based on their coloring (or maybe less on their coloring)?

I have this copy/paste as a reference when considering names. Maybe something here will spark an idea:

Do you have any favorite movies or books? You can use character names from those.

There are also lots of different theme groupings.

You could consider PLANT names like Basil, Pepper, Pumpkin, Rose, Daisy, Ivy, Lily.

Or "SKY" names like Orion, Pluto, Neptune, Draco, Galaxy, Nebula, Venus, Galaxy.

Or ROCK names like Quartz, Malachite, Copper, Clay, Diamond, Silver, Marble, Slate, Coal.

Or WEATHER names like Blizzard, Volcano, Storm, Dusty, Sunny, Cloud, Rain, Frost

Or based on COLOR (depending on color of course) like Ginger, Cinnamon, Onyx, Vanilla, Cream, Snow, Midnight, Shadow, Cocoa, Butter, Spot, Speckles.

Food names can be in themes as well…

COFFEE: Latte, Mocha, Coffee, Cocoa, Chino (short for Cappuccino), Cream, Sugar

CANDY: Snickers, Twix, Skittles, Hershey, M&M, Pez, Toffee

MEXICAN: Burrito, Taco, Bean, Salsa

SNACKS: Popcorn, Peanut, Cheesecake, Cupcake, Cookie, Yogurt, Crumble, Dorito, Frito

SPICES: Cinnamon, Basil, Honey, Ginger, Garlic, Nutmeg, Mint

ICE-CREAM: Vanilla, Rocky Road, Cookie Dough, Chip, Strawberry

FRUIT: Peaches, Cherry, Raspberry, Kiwi, Blueberry, Tangerine
Thank you for those! Coloring and nature/plant names was what I was going to try for, but I think they need something more.

I went with named my first baby Tu'er Shen, the rabbit deity, keeping with my tradition of naming my pets after gods. More specifically themed to their animal association or personality. Xiao Wu looks like the character from Soul Land, her rabbit form, and her personality matches the character she's named after.

Xiao Wu.jpg

Storm and Lümi have their names come from personality/looks and looks respectively. I do think that the white-and-black might go well with being called Dotty- i consider it a classical cute girl name, and i associate the name with a bit more shyer personalities. The caramel-coloured bun would probably sound great with names like Toffee, Iris, or as Blue Eyes suggested, some sort of coffee/sweets name.
Good luck naming them!

Those are adorable names! I'm so glad you found names that fit your darling little friends!

Rian-means little king in Irish I believe super cute name, sounds like re-on

Just realized you already named them, guess this name can help someone else :))

Hello everyone! I’ve recently came back to the site after adopting two little buns. I’ve been struggling to officially name them though. I’ve played around with Cinnamon and Cinna-bun for the tri colored female. The black and white female I have played around with Sugar and Oreo. I don’t really think the names are deserving of the bun though! I’ve only had them for 4 days, but I’ll share what I’ve observed with them.
Cinn loves to run around and explore! She’s the one that will run circles around their pen or sniff around the edge and pop up on her hind legs to look around.
Oreo is a digger/hider. She loves the box she can hide in and regularly scratches at the side of it. She’s also a bit of a lounger. She likes to flop her legs out and stretch when she’s laying down.
Any name suggestions would be appreciated! Pictures attached for reference. (Don’t mind the mess, I haven’t cleaned the pen yet this morning)
Scotch (tan one) & Soda (black one)

They are super cute, congratulations!

Latest posts

Back