need question answered

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi, im new but i just need a question answered.

I have two rabbits right now (sophie and parker), both about 1 andhalf. They have been together and bonded for about 7 or 8 months andget along GREAT. Now, im thinking about putting them in the same cagetogether, is this a good idea? They dont fight, or not that iv seen. Ido have two cages right now, and the cage I would put them in is a DOGcage, for the size of a retriver (sp?), so it is certinly big enough.Also when ever I let them out to play, they always lie right next toeachother, (with parker usually sticking his head under sophie). Sothey seem like they don't mind being together in close courters forhours on end.

take a look at my little babies too! parker is the brown one and sophie is the black one.:D (sorry if the quality is bad!)

HPIM1063.JPG

They are adorable! Judging by what you have saidabout how they get along now I don't think it would be a problemputting them together in the same cage. I am far from an expert thoughbeing a first time bunny mom for just over a month now but that is myopinion. As soon as I can be absolutly positive that my female isn'tpregnant again I have planned to put my two back together as well sincethey get along well also (and since the male is fixed now!). Again... Icould be wrong but from what I have seen and heard so far I think it isokay.

Cheryl

I think it's safe to say they can live together inthe same cage. From what you have described, they are incrediblybonded! You might want to make sure you watch them together in the cage(unless they have been in the cage together already) because the onethat normally lives in it may become territorial, but if they both goin it on oaccasion together and have not had fighting issues, it shouldbe no problem. :)

Laura, Moch, & Spice

Oh ya! I forgot that! Your bunnies should be fixed, we don't need more babies with the over population all ready in this world.

P.S.- Cute bunnies by the way!

Laura, Moch, & Spice

Welcome ILuvSophieNParker,

What Beauties!

I agree with the advice already given.? If they get along, there's no reason why they shouldn't be together.??

Also have to agree with having them fixed.? Sometimes when rabbitsreach puberty, they get territorial and aggressive.? However at a yearand 1/2 old, they're passed puberty.

If it doesn't work out, you can always put them back in the set-up they're in now.?

Keep us posted as to what you decide.

-Carolyn

yeah, i totally forgot about putting that in there, so YES they are both fixed! Thanks for the advice too!

Welcome to the forum. I have a bondedpair. They get along pretty well but one thing to keep inmind is that one may try to be dominant over theother. My female bun Trixie thinks she is the" bigboss of the buns" and tries to mount Trouble to show thedominance. He gets frustrated with herbehavior. :shock: She sometimes gets carried awayand pulls out some of his fur. He then tries tofind a place to get away from her. This may not be a problemin your case but I thought that I should mention it. I thinkmy 2 enjoy having their own cages. Their personalities aredifferent . Trixie is more lazy and laid back.Trouble is active and loves to rearrange things in his cage.There again this may not be the case with your 2 but IthoughtI would just point out some things. Hopethis has helped in some way. My buns shared a cage when theywere smaller and younger. Beckie

Latest posts

Back