Need Help Transporting Bunny! (RESOLVED)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAK Rabbitry

Reaction score
A woman in North Carolina recently contacted mesaying she had been on my website and wanted one of the bunnies I havefor sale. She just lost her Holland a while ago and her and her husbanare looking for an ew bunny to spoil and they've looked all aroundbefore finally coming acros my website.

Problem is, I am in Pittsburgh, she's in North Carolina. We're lookinginto shipping the bunny, but so far the cheapest service is charging$350, plus crate rental, and the cost of having teh bunny vaccinatedfor rabies.

Does anyone know of any animal shipping services? Good ones? I triedPacific Pet Transport, Pet Transporter, Pro-Pet Transports,TLC Pet Transport, Happy Tails, and Uship. A fellow breeder has alsoinformed me that I can use UPS or Us Postal Service. I haven't lookedinto these yet but if anyone knows of anymore....can you lend a hand?paw?

I'll take some candy, too.

Happy xmas while i'm at it.

It might be worth running an ad in Craigslistasking if anybody is going that direction for the holidays and can takethe bunny with them, preferbly in the cabin (although I think that hasto be booked in advance) or can check the carrier in as luggage,andoffer them a few bucks (er... dollars) for their trouble.

Same deal with travel forums -- "anybody going from (a) to (b) that can take a rabbit?

And of course there's the show people who are used to these requests,so notes on boards like Showbunny might yeild some results.

Just get the word out (like you have on here), hopefully something will pop up.

sas

PS: Are you sure the bunny has to be vacinated for rabies?

Some shipping agencies require a rabiesvaccination, some don't. But like 90% of them do. Right now thecheapest rate for shipping bunny is $174 through Delta. Which isn't tootoo bad. Most of the pet shipping agencies are charging around $400. +health certificate and rabies vacc.

Bunny will be traveling from Pittsburgh to his new home Greenville,North Carolina. They plan on spoiling him rotten and adopting him astheir 3rd child. I would really hate to haveto pass up on theopportunty to give this family the bunny, and give bunny to a placewhere he can be treated like a king.

I'll change the title to reflect the location,assuming that's okay with you. Somebody here might be headingthat way, or part of the way, you never know. :)

sas

Thats ok, The lady just told me she wants to drive up here. Nutter. Who would drive that far for a darn rabbit?

Oh wait.... ME.

I drove from Pitt to Greenville last october to buy a pair of $500 rabbits. At least she has family in Virginia.....

Thanks, I think everything is ok now.

-JAK

Latest posts

Back