need help for

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hi all

can anyone help me

what im after is a spray called BITTER LIME SPRAY i cant get it anywhere over here

if at all poss if someone can find out where i can get it or even ifsomeone in the states can get it id pay for it and the p andp because if not im going to have no video cabnet or carpetleft

thats my little loose lucy xxxx

I've seen Bitter Apple spray in the petstore with the dog/cat stuff. There's several online sources, too.

Never have seen Bitter Lime, though.

:~) Jim

it is used to stop animals chewing things

but i dont no if the one for cats u can use it on rabbits

it is in a spray bottle but as far as i no you can get a gel too

many thanks

varna xxxx

O.K. I got the info here...called the pet store,there are 3 types that can be used, and I STRESSED TO THEM THIS IS FORRABBIT. Not toxic, Bitter Apple can be used, also anotherbrand called Phooey (thats funny), and something called 'timeout'. Time out is 16.95 CANADIAN, if anyone can get itcheaper for you let me know, and if you wont me to send any of this outto you just PM with address.:D:D Also, I would check withCarolyn to see what she would consider to be safe as well.

Deb

I actually just bought fooey today...spelledfooey by the way....i tasted it just out of my own curiousity and thatstuff is lethal...everytime I lick my lips I can taste it..haha...itssafe to use on rabbits, cats, dogs, horses...all animals...actuallyCosmo started to lick it when I sprayed it on what he'd been chewing,but then he walked away....which I guess is progress!!!

VNess2010 wrote:
I actually just bought fooey today...spelled fooey by theway....i tasted it just out of my own curiousity and that stuff islethal...everytime I lick my lips I can taste it..haha...its safe touse on rabbits, cats, dogs, horses...all animals...actually Cosmostarted to lick it when I sprayed it on what he'd been chewing, butthen he walked away....which I guess is progress!!!
You know I asked customer service at the pet store if Phooey was reallythe correct name and he even got a little annoyed :Xfor me evenquestioning him. I kinda wondered what was up with the"Phooey" name.:?

Varna, did any of our responses help you?

UPDATE.....I just purchasedFooey (not phooey:p) for Verna, mailing it outtomorrow! going to test a spray on my buns tonight for her nastylicking then nipping bedtime behaviour, hope you dont mind Verna:D

Hope this works for little LUCY;)

Bo B Bunny wrote:
You put it ON THE ANIMAL? how does that stop them fromchewing something ?
Opps! NO :DBeing atwork, sneaking the quick post in isnt a good idea when you get the typothing all wrong:D...correction.....spray it on the items you wish notto have destroyed...thanks bo fornoting my error...realizewhat a dumb thing I just said:?What I meant was going to spray a tinybit on my arm, as Shadow nips me in a certain area constantly, knowingthis stuff is only to be used for training purposes only and very safefor buns, I hope...wish to try it out before I send this stuff off toVerna only to find its done something far worse and then I'd neverforgive myself.

Well, I do know that you can put apple bitters ondogs so they don't bite at hot spots and things, but I wouldn't putanything on a bunny.

We tried it all, to no avail, whenMissy was eating our house and furniture. The Missus was literally intears over our dining room table.

You know what worked??? The duct tape the Missusused to cover the unsightly gnaw marks on the pedestal supports of thetable! Had we known that, we would have covered them with thetape before she chewed each and every one.

Try it! Might work for you. Tin foil might work in a similar manner, too.

P.S. That is duct tape and not duck tape, for all you jokers!

Buck

In my experience, bitter anything sprays don'twork with rabbits. They actually like bittertastes. Some of those veggies (endive) they love are reallybitter.

Jen

Gee I wish some of this great advice camesooner:)Poor Verna was in a situtaion where her bun is tearing aparther wall unit. I mentioned to Verna that I could check outwhat is out there as I am still a new bunny mom.Herpost was up fora few days, and Verna PM'dmeyesterday day asking if I could pick this stuff up for her(which I did offer previously to do). I called 3 pet stores,explained the situation,and went with the person who gave thebest advice and who had some bunny experience behind theirbelt. I made a error in explaining how this mixture(Fooey)should be used, and definately not to be applied on the bunnynever, and only on the items that the bun chews for training purposesonly. Just thought I would explain the situationand how we got to this point.:?Verna you decide, I purhcased Fooey, butif you wont to try a different alternative please let me know before Imail this stuff out to you:D

please deb i will

give it a try and certanly get back to you

with love varna and the chewing bunny xxxx

Buck Jones wrote:
We tried it all, to no avail, when Missy waseating our house and furniture. The Missus was literally in tears overour dining room table.

You know what worked??? The duct tape the Missusused to cover the unsightly gnaw marks on the pedestal supports of thetable! Had we known that, we would have covered them with thetape before she chewed each and every one.

Try it! Might work for you. Tin foil might work in a similar manner, too.

P.S. That is duct tape and not duck tape, for all you jokers!

Buck
Great advice Buck, is it that the buns do not like the taste ofduct tape? I am sure tin foil is not very tasty:DThankyou, duck tapehehe.....

Latest posts

Back