My Zoo Cru

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oooooh and finally managed to get ahold of my old boss, who hasn't been heard from since his shop went out of business in May. I was beginning to worry about the old guy. And for good reason too. :ponder:

Oh that's a good idea, Dave. He does like to chew the carpet. I'm in an apartment but the carpet was in bad shape when I moved in. :rollseyes

Last night the boys and I were watching Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1. I was on the floor and sort of dozing and the cats were dozing and last I checked so was Harvey. All of a sudden my face is full of rabbit. haha I get a little nip on the tip of my nose, my eye brow and my cheek. Then he's off. Not sure what cause that, but it made me laugh. They weren't hard bites, more like nibbles. He usually will lick then nibble a little. It doesn't hurt but does surprise me.

Aaaand it's only been two and a half weeks since his neuter, he hasn't sprayed anything and only humped Merlin twice and very briefly. Gotta say, neuter was soooo worth it. He still likes to circle us but that's better then the above.

Oh but this morning, he was rattling his cage door..... early morning too. I put a towel over his cage and he stops. He sooo didn't like that. I had gotten back in bed and he gave a big old thump. I ended up taking the towel off and just putting in ear plugs haha.

Harvey was being super sweet this morning. Tons of energy. And I was lucky enough to have him come running to see me with a little binky head shake. I love it when he does that. He even jumped into my lap while I was reading a recipe book to make sure everything met with his approval and then hopped off again.

He doesn't normally get in my lap unless I am eating, which has resulted in a bunny on my plate. haha.

I was thinking about my friend whom I got Harvey from. We used to work together so it wasn't like I got Harvey from some CraigsList Stranger. But my friend has called at all to check on Harvey. I know if I ever had to give up one of my animals (knock on wood that never happens) I'd at least would want to check in once in a while. My friend didn't have him too long, but I haven't either and I'm ridiculously attached to the bunny. I love the little guy, just as I love my cats. Oh well.

Hahaha ooooh they so do. They are better at it then cats. Just this morning he was trying very hard to steal a chocolate chip cookie from me. Right out of my hand. No manners that boy haha.

He also has this weird habit of chasing the bigger cat. I don't know how it starts, but I'll hear noises from the bed room and next thing I see is Azrael hauling a-- to his cat tree with Harvey either right at his heels or under his belly biting the cat. It stops the moment Azrael is treed by the bunny. I'm still not quite sure if they're playing or if the cat angered the bunny. I have some idea that Azrael might be trying to play and bops Harvey on the head (I've stopped this when I do see it start to happen). I've also see Harvey circling the cat with his tail up trying to sneak in a few nips without the cat catching him. Ears are never back. This morning tho haaha he managed to catch Azrael before treeing him and poor Azrael got tripped up and was hissing at him. He did make it to the tree at which point poor Merlin happened to be in the wrong spot at the wrong time. Harvey turned around and started biting the back of his legs. Merlin ended up escaping to the sofa, while I was trying to stop Harvey from abusing the cats.

Crazy rabbit. I think it's play, since he's never been aggressive with me or the other cat. I think he just likes chasing them. I think Azrael might even enjoy it at times. Harvey does like the cats. He'll follow them around and he'll get in among them without any bit of concern. He'll even ask the cats to groom him, which Merlin does to some degree and the other has no idea what is being asked of him. Harvey does groom them too.

I love your bunny/cat adventures. I have 4 rabbits and 2 cats. One of my buns just got neutered last week, thank goodness! He enjoyed violating the cats, who did not appreciate it at all. My youngster will run up to the cats and nose bonk them, which makes the cats freak out and run away. He also likes to use the cats as speed bumps when they are sleeping. By the time the cat stands up to hiss the rabbit is gone.

Your geckos are beautiful too! :)

Hahaha yeah he's a kick to watch with the cats. I've seen him use Merlin as a speed bump, but Merlin is such a saint about it, or too lazy to do anything. He is my old man cat.

I'm at my mom's for Thanksgiving which means my boys are home alone for about a day and a half. (My mom did say I could bring Harvey with me but it's going to be way crazy with my younger sister's boys, so I decided against it.) I'm really missing them right now. Especially when I'm feeling overly lonely, I'd rather be at my apartment snuggling with my boys. Something about the holidays, always get to me. Maybe it's all the couples. I hate being the only single person in a crowd of couples. You don't quite fit in.

I shouldn't have listened to Lovesong so many times on the drive down haha. It always makes me feel sappy and sad. But I love the song.

I got home last night to a couple of clingy cats and one hyper active rabbit. Haha. Harvey wasn't as mad as I would have thought he would be that I was gone for a day and half. I think he might have finished off the food I left out for him sooner than he should have. Man he ate like a pig while I was gone. And can that boy poop haha. I guess I never realized how much he actually poops since I normally scoop twice a day. (he likes to curl up in his litter box and it kind of grosses me out to think that he's ok sleeping in his flith)

I let him out and he started his favorite game of chase and tease the cats. Azrael enjoyed the playmate. Of course Azrael whenever I come back from being away for a day or two, likes to cause trouble when I do return. Here I am trying to read and every two seconds I have to get up to check a noise, make sure he didn't break anything and check to make sure he's being gentle with Harvey. Tho it's usually I have to make sure Harvey is gentle with the cats haha.

I think Harvey was glad to see me. He did a couple of binkies and followed me around and gave me bunny kisses. Then again he might have just been buttering me up for food. The boy is a chow hound. He's on a better diet when he came to live with me. He was being free fed pellets from the 99 cent store and nothing else before me. Now he gets better pellets, hay, veggies and craisens. Oh the craisens. If I'm not fast enough with the craisens he'll tug on the bag and try to fit his head into it. Well last night I was eating a banana and he felt he should have some too. Sooooo he starts playing tug o' war with the banana peel until I give him a little bite. Oh and he likes his oats. I've been giving him a little sprinkle of oats in the morning. He'll root around in his pellets until he gets every last speck of oat and digs in his pellets. Made quite a mess.

I was kind of feeling weird this morning and last night. Noticed that my room, which looks like a hay bomb exploded most days now, looks worse than normal. But that's impossible, unless Harvey got out some how and then locked himself back in his cage while I gone. I bet Azrael helped him.

Wrestling Match.

One 22lb cat named Azrael, the other a 3lb rabbit named Harvey. Harvey is light and nimble on his feet and ends up with a chunk of fur from Azrael's butt in his mouth. The clear winner: Harvey.

I didn't actually let them wrestle but Azrael was trying to play with Harvey. He did the cat flop and started teasing Harvey. It ended once again with Azrael getting chased and me pulling Azrael's fur out of Harvey's mouth. It wasn't a hard bite or anything. Azrael always has a lot of loose fur in his butt, enough that I can pluck it out by hand. He doesn't let me brush there :rollseyes Azrael really does enjoy his rabbit play mate because my older cat won't play with him (or just runs from Azrael, Harvey doesn't run). I'm not sure what Harvey thinks, but he's definately telling Azrael he's the boss bunny around here.

Oh and I have pictures from this morning (after they had calmed down) but didn't get a chance to get them off my camera. There's a cute one of Azrael and the bunny touching noses. They do get along now and then haha.

Emily Harvey is adorable. Love his colouring.

He looks big in that picture. What does he weigh?

You need more pictures of little ball of fur.

Susan:)

Thanks Susan :) Yeah he's on the big side for a netherland dwarf. He has lost some weight since those photos, partly due to being on antibiotics for so long and a change in his diet. He's a little under 4 lbs last time he was weighed. I might bring him in to the vet to check that. I'm a little worried he might be too skinny, then again I've never had rabbits before so I don't know what is too skinny. At his recheck the vet didn't seem too concerned when I mentioned it, and she's a good vet.

Aaaand I do have pictures :) That I will have to put up once I get a chance.

Pictures!
Harvey enjoying the view from my living room window:
view.jpg

MMmmmm yummy Blinds:
blindsYummy.jpg

He loves playing in the blinds for some reason. When he's doing the Bunny 500 he likes to dash thru them. I think because the loud noise scares the cats haha.

Requesting grooming from Azrael:
groomMe.jpg

Kisses!
Kisses.jpg

I was actually on the floor photographing something else when Harvey and Azrael decided they had to assist me haha.

MagPie wrote:
Wrestling Match.

One 22lb cat named Azrael, the other a 3lb rabbit named Harvey. Harvey is light and nimble on his feet and ends up with a chunk of fur from Azrael's butt in his mouth. The clear winner: Harvey.
Ding, Ding, Ding, winner and still champion Harvey the nimble nethie!

Harvey was really excited last night. He was zooming around. Bouncing off the walls, the sofa, me, and the cats. I'm just glad he's fixed as I'd rather not have bunny balls in my face haha. The cats were a good sport especially Merlin who got jumped on the most. Harvey really wanted my attention last night. He was following me around, tripping me up (one of these days that'll be the death of me especially when it's the big cat that trips me up) and begging in the kitchen. He even spent a good 10 minutes grooming my hand and he really got into it. Even got in with nibbling which did hurt a little.

Harvey ended the night by stretching out on the sofa with me, which he doesn't normally do. I did like the extra attention from him :)

Sounds like you had a lovely evening with Harvey. It really is thrilling when they give you that extra attention.

K :)

Back