My rabbit won't stop shedding!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucy/Thumper

Reaction score
Help! Thumper will not stopshedding. His hair comes out in clumps. It is likesome dogs/cats that no matter how much you brush them it will notstop. He eats well and goes to the bathroom normally so Idon't think itis health related. One thingI realize that he only grooms his ears and face but that isit which may contribute to the problem. It makes such amess!! I also am alergic to him and it really is aproblem..My last rabbit didn't have this problem at all and Ieven picked a dog that doesn't shed but he makes up for themboth. I even gave him a bath which I was very leary to dohowever, he loved it. It helped very little. Hepurred the intire time. I was reallysuprised. I think he did get a little cold becausehis thick fur took a long time to dry.But he reallydid love it. It is like his coat hasa under coatwhich also hasa under coat.

Also, ever since we got the dog he will not use his litterbox ever!! Not in his cage and not out. He used to be verygood with litter box but not now.

HELP!!
PS we have had Thumper for a year and the dog for 10months!! Thumper was a shelter rescue and I have no idea whathis history was or how old he is?!

Thanks!

It's still molt season. That can last forever,especially if the animal is lazy about cleaning! Two of mine lookpretty scruffy still, and it's been a long time.

Usually the last bit to shed out is right on top of the rump, the hardest grooming spot.

Rose

Latest posts

Back