My Rabbit is eating his feces!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:)

hi. i'm new to this page so please be easy on me. i have a Holland Lop

and he is the most loved and cared for. spoiled too. when i first got him home

he peed on me. is this normal? then he got pooping on the floor even when i put

paper down so he wouldn't. but the silly bunny still does. i've seen him do things that

i think he shouldn't be doing. he eats paper and won't chew on his honey stick so he

won't eat the paper. i put hay in at first then went to paper. should i go back to hay?

he always scratches himself and i don't why. when he runs and jumps does that

he is comfortable in his new home? he also lays flat on his belly. what does this

mean?my cats don't mind him but my older cat swats at him once in awhile. the

other cat is always running from him. he has to litter boxes one for his cage and one

out of the cage. (it's a cat litter box) so these are the things i was wondering about

i hope you don't think i have no clue on bunnies. i had one when i was 14 and have

forgotton on what there are for a rabbit. he's only 8 wks old if that is another thing.

:)

thanx

tina bridges

hoppy2005 wrote:
when i first got him home he peed on me. is thisnormal?when he runs and jumps does that he iscomfortable in his new home? he also lays flat on his belly. what doesthis mean?
Sorry I cant help with all the questions but.......A youngrabbit will most definitely pee on you. LOL Mine have done so manytimes. I have had older ones do it also but usually when I've held themtoo long and they couldnt get to a nice place to potty. (besides on methat is:p)

If he's running and jumping while tilting his head it's most likely abinky and that means he is happy. Also, a bunny that stretches outrelaxing is very happy too.

Welcome to the forum.

Lanna

wishbone332 wrote:
I'm in the middle of auseful rabbit encyclopedia I got from the library and it says thatrabbits, just like dogs, cats, and humans, are capable of vomiting. Sothere.
I think that this book should be withdrawn from the library. Perhaps its old??

Back