My Poor Shadow

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LuvaBun wrote:
I took him some hay and pellets, and some of his favourite treats - banana, craisins and salad. Oh, and also Nelly, his cuddly stuffed elephant :).

There is Nelly the stuffed elephant getting a make over (chinned) by Jester. :nonono:

ndq49g.jpg

We'll be keeping you both in our thoughts and prayers.

Shadow's going to have a cute button nose now.

Eep! I didn't have a chance to send good wishes your way this morning! I hope that the surgery went well, and that Shadow heals up soon! Let us know! :)

We are home :)

Thanks for all your good wishes - seemed that they worked :). Shadow appears to have made a rapid recovery. He is already eating, drinking and pooping. In fact, he scarfed his banana at the vet, and when I picked him up, Dr Steele said "He really likes his food, doesn't he" :D

She has done a really good job on his nose. It is a little swollen at the moment, and, of course, a bit hairless, but I think when the swelling goes down, it will look great :) He has 3 stitches (dissolvable), and we go back for a check up in 2 weeks to make sure they have gone. If not, the vet will remove them. He is on 1.1 ml Novo-trimel twice a day for 5 days, and had Baytril and Metacam at the vets. No pain meds, but the way he is so far, he is OK. I'll keep an eye on him to make sure he's not in pain.

I will take some photos, and post them here later :)

Jan

Most wonderful news to hear that Shadow is doing well! I bet he was the best patient that his vet saw all day. :D

Hope he does well with his stitches and heals quickly!!!:pray:

myheart

WOO!! Glad to hear Shadow is doing well and is back home. *whew* Can't wait to see his 'after' pictures.

Jan, I'm glad to hear Shadow is doing good.

Is this a sand box or a litter box? It sure is huge what ever it is.

2mrzdl4.jpg

Susan:)

Aww, thanks everyone :)

Jen, yes Shadow is a big boy (not as big as Dotty though ;)). And Jester is about 1/3 of his size.

Susan, that is a sandbox, though Shadow has started to use it as a litterbox after Jester has been in it :rollseyes. We got it last year from Zellers - it's really a kids outdoor one, but they love rolling/binkying/digging in it :)

OK, updated photos! Shadow has done really well tonight - a bit quieter than usual, but that's only to be expected. He's eating, pooping, peeing normally. :)

ShadowPostOp3-700.jpg

ShadowPostOp4-700.jpg

ShadowPostOp6-700.jpg

ShadowPostOp2-700.jpg

As you can see, it is a little swollen and a little bald, but I'm really pleased with what Dr Steele has done :). All the dead tissue has gone, so there's no fear of it getting caught on anything. My boy is back to being beautiful again ;)

Jan

Latest posts

Back