My Polish Bun (Needs New Name!)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well, It's been a while since I've posted, but I've finally got my bunny! He's a retired show rabbit named Bombshell. Very cute and sweet. I've already managed to litter train him, and he seems to have taken well to it. He's not neutered yet, as we don't have the money to do so right now. He currently lives in a pen my dad built in the basement for him.

I kind of want to change his name since he's no longer a show bun, and I'm thinking of purchasing a large dog crate and moving him upstairs so he gets more social interaction with people. Thoughts?

Here are some pictures:

10ded5g.jpg

211q64m.jpg

2mruuma.jpg

The word for "rabbit" in Polish is "Krolik" - somehow, I think that sounds like a good rabbit name. I'd give him a Polish-sounding last name, too - something like "Krolik Bunnski".

First, does he know his show name? Does he come to it or perk up his ears when you use his show name? If so, I think I would try to find a shortened acceptable version to his show name rather than a totally new name, myself. Second, I don't know his personality or anything but from his pix his bunny back end reminds me of an Oreo cookie in reverse. lol Or like chocolate chip ice cream so you could call him Chip. Anyway those are my first thoughts based on his pix & coloring. I'm sure you will come up with the perfect name to suit you & your little Bombshell! He sure is an adorable bun whatever you name him!

Here's a few of my ideas: Bombshell translated into Polish is Bomba. In French or Spanish it's Bombe. He looks like cookies and cream ice cream so you could name him Cookie or C.C.

Ours are all rescues, so some came with names they already recognize and they kept them. Others that didn't have a name when they came to us got what we chose for them, usually from TV, movies, or literature. We have a Cosmo (Seinfeld), a Peter, Commander Bun-Bun (Drew Carey Show), etc. Stewart got his name because he was a little "turd in the punch bowl of life" and that made it possible for me to refer to my bunny "Stew". I did like Mikes' suggestion.

Thanks for the suggestions. No, I don't think he knows Bombshell was his old name. He doesn't seem to respond to it. I kind of like the name Cookie or Chip though, for some reason. Probably because they're cute names. :)

He´s got such lovely colouring. I like Cookie, I think it kinda suits him. I´m sure he´s lucky to have landed with you and will be one spoilt bunny.

Latest posts

Back