my other rabbit just layed 7 kits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YemeniRabbit

Reaction score
hello, all
this morning my other rabbit just layed 7 healthy good looking kits :bunnydance:
It's after 1 day since the other rabbit lost it's 6 kits,
I stuffed the house with warm materials such as extra sand to keep warm, more shreded hard paper, and sealed the entrance with tiny door for the mom to go in.

using heat lamp is something that is far away from my mind because electrcity is not a usual thing in my area, the electrcity just came on 5 minutes ago I so I posted this thread as fast as possible.

food is double extra now, water is extra now and changed twice a day.

checked all kits took a plastic bag to carry them so that I don't change there smell, one by one. counted them all, they are still very warm,. and tomorrow will do the same thing again.

this time I must make sure all kits survive, I hope that you tell me if I still miss somthing so that I do it before it's too late.

Sounds okay so far. Just make sure there's enough hay/straw and other nesting material, like fur, in the nestbox to keep them warm in.

Sent from my iPhone using Rabbit Forum

yes, the mother pulled fur from her body to the nest, and I brought dried hay from near by land and putted it in the house. I tested the heat inseide vs outsdie the nest, it's noticable that it is warmer, going to check on them tomorrow morning to see if they are still in a good health.

today took out the 7 rabbits, counted them all, 3 were very hyper moving, the others were sleepy, don't know why. they are not as warm as they were in yesterday.
I brought new warming material, shreded wood, alot of it, did it inside and then putted the kits, the mother went inside, I think she is accepting the new material, one of the kits was screeming when mother comes inside, don't know why.

she was licking/smelling them. she stayed there 5 minutes, seems fine right?

I assume you uncovered them for the photo? You don't want to overheat them because that can be just as bad as letting them get too cold. They should be slightly warm to the touch, not hot and not cold or cool.

I assume you uncovered them for the photo? You don't want to overheat them because that can be just as bad as letting them get too cold. They should be slightly warm to the touch, not hot and not cold or cool.

yes, I removed the cover so that I count them and see if all still alive, and I took a picture when I was doing that.

how do I know they are overheating?
the weather outside is : 18C , that is 64F ( today is warm due to the low wind speed tomorrow will be cooler)

the rabbits are outside the house in a nest is made of metal,and inside it's covered with cardboard from all sides and inside its filled with sawdust.

The mother is there with there babies, I think because of warmth, the rabbits that does not move, she licks them to make them move, or is that cleaning? I don't know.

how do I know they are overheating so that I decrease the sawdust and make the entrance bigger?

Latest posts

Back