my Leilu is in heat....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darlenenicole

Reaction score
I made an appointment for my 2 year old femalerabbit to get spayed.....next day i see that she is in heat!!! Can afemale rabbit that is in heat be spayed? How long is the cycle? Hasanybody ever had a female that came into heat before? She is bondedwith a nuetered male, should i seperate them for awhile? Any advicewould be greatly appreciated!!! Darlene

Rabbits do notcome into a heatlike a dog or cat , ifyour seeing any signs of blood there issomething wrong and should beaddressed by a vet .
get her spayed it wont have any conciquences.

ok now i am worried. what i saw was light red ithought it was blood. i only saw it twice. She has been acting normal.Maybe a little bit grumpier than usual but other than that nothin outof the ordinary. Earlier i was cleaning out the litter box and I hadthem out of the cage well she jumper into the litter box like she hadto go potty, but she missed and got the floor instead. It looked like asmall little puddle of blood. not very bright, kind of like watereddown blood. Then i put them back in the cage and saw a couple morelittle puddles of the same thing, i cleaned it up, and after that ihavent seen anything, Its been since about 10:00 this morning, it isnow 9:30. Is there anything i should be watching for?

That is most likely urine. It can beanywhere from red, orange, to milky colors.....You should clearly beable to tell if there is blood in there.

Hope that helps.

Does it look like the pictures in this thread? http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=10172&forum_id=1

If so, then it's just urine. From what I've read, blood inthe urine will sometimes look like a few spots of red in normal-coloredurine. Or it could look like old oxydized blood.You know, the brown stuff after it's been sitting out for abit? LOL I work in a lab at a blood bank so maybe noteverybody sees that all the time.:p

Thank you very much for the information, that isexactly what it looked like. I was beginning to panic, my boyfriend wascalming me down!! I have never seen that before, i figured she might bein heat. I was so worried!!! I checked on her all day, just ALOT ofsoft poo after I saw the orange pee.! You have no idea how grateful iam for your response!!!:thanks:

Latest posts

Back