My first Rabbit.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Midori-Chan

Reaction score
I bought my first rabbit today. It'stoo young to tell what gender it is, the pet store told me, so I wentwith a pretty unisex name - Lupin. I thought it was a cutename.

Anyways. Lupin is a Mini Rex (apparently) and we went outand bought $90 worth of things for him (bah, I'll just refer to it ashim.). Of course, I did my research ahead of time and was pretty muchprepared. He's 5 weeks old or around that they said.. it sounds awfullyyoung to me. Should I be worried about him needing some kind of milksupplement or should he be pretty much weaned at this time? I'm reallynot sure about it.

He's tan with black spots on him.. absolutely adorable.

He should be fully weaned at 5 weeks.I can tellwhat sex mine are at 4 weeks.they should not be selling 5 week oldbunnies.in fact its illegal to sell bunnies less than 8 weeks inpa.bluebird

Midori : , I love that name ,

He should be weaned already, free feed for a while and lotsof good quality hay,alfalfa , and timothy , as muchas he will eat , Lotsof fresh water , Pellets ,Limit sugary treats tho ,and veggies can beintorduced in a few months ,Most of all have fun with him / her ,Welcome to the forum ,

Welcome to the forum,Midori-Chan,

At the top of the forum, there's a post entitled, "ACheatSheet forRabbit Care". You might want to take a look inthere, go over the notes, and check out some of the websites, andbooks.

Very much looking forward to seeing pictures of your little one andhearing stories. When I had gotten my first rabbit, I was soshocked at how much personality they had and how great a pet theyare. I know you'll feel the same way - if you don'talready.

-Carolyn

Aww, thank you everyone! This forum always had such nice people!

Truth is, I actually have been lurking here for about aweek but only registered last night. The cheat sheet thing was thefirst thing I looked at (and looked at again) :DGreatinfo!

I'm so relieved that Lupin is indeed fully weaned. I wasconcerned about that. And Carolyn, you are absolutely right! Lupin isjust such a sweet little bunny! And incredibly intelligent too! I'llhave pictures up soon!

Thank you gypsy about my name, too! It's my middle name inreal life. =D As for bluebird, really? I guess I'll just have to checkout the gender myself. I live in Alaska, so I have no idea if it'sillegal here or not.. I *did* get it from a pretty lousy pet store sowho knows?

Welcome Midori! I'd recommend takinghim to the vet ASAP with a stool sample, especially since you said yougot him from "a pretty lousy pet store"...it's just better to be safethan sorry....young rabbits can come down with some serious illnesses...

good luck and have fun!

-Vanessa

Latest posts

Back