My First Bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marissa

Reaction score
Well hello from New York :) I just recently pruchased my first bunny from a renowned bunny breeder in upstate new york. She's a cute little siamese sable holland lop doe named delta force. I went online first and learned all about taking care of my new baby (then I spent $400 at petsmart and drove 4 hours and 30 minutes to pick her up) But now she's home! She is very shy since she can only see out of one eye, but last night when she was out of the cage she layed down next to me and let me pet her for a long long time :) SO gratifying after days of sitting next to the cage and petting and feeding her. She is also super cute because she goes in circles to make sure she sees everything with her good eye. Thanks for reading! (her picture is to the left, more to come)

Hi and :welcome1to RO! Delta Force is such a little cutie! What is wrong with her eye?

When she was in the nest box she contracted an eye infection which was cleared up but she still can't see in one eye ;)

You sound like a very dedicated rabbit owner, marissa!
Glad to hear that her eye infection cleared up, even if she is blind in one eye!
Delta Force is adorable! :bunnyheart

Welcome to the forum!

I am sorry about her blind eye. I have an 8.5 year old Holland Lop who is blind in both eyes. It doesn't stop them, though!

I must ask, where in upstate NY? I am from Johnstown, NY....but moved to AZ 3 years ago.

Hi all! Thank you for the warm welcome :) I am from Cornwall NY in beautiful Hudson Valley. As far as the eye is concerned I am not sure if it is entirely blind but she uses her good eye to check things out, so I am fairly sure the sight is poor if not gone.

Delta Force is such an awesome name! And she sure is cute!

I'm sorry to hear about her eye, but I'm sure she'll still keep you on your toes - good vision or not!

Welcome to RO!

Latest posts

Back