My female is humping!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trix (my mini rex)

Reaction score
Just recently i purchased a male minirex, in hopes to start breeding. However, whenever the bunnies areintroduced together my female gets quite aggressive and begins to humpthe male who is very passive about it... I'm definate that the femaleis a female and the male is a male. Any suggestions in regards to whatthey are doing? and why, is this some sort of mating game?

Thanks for your input

-Lydia

I'm no expert on this but it seem to me like thisis some sort of dominance thing and your Doe is telling the Buck she isthe boss, especially if you say she is being quite agressive about it.Also was the Doe there first? That might be why.

Hope this helps.

Vickie

You need to bring the doe to the buck's cage forbreeding. Only put them together for breeding. Manyfemales will hump the male as they want to be bred. The buckshould do this thing. Sometimes, with uncooperative does, wehad to hold their butts up so the male can mount. SOmetimesmother nature needs some help. How old is the buck and thedoe? Hope you can get a successful mating. Donna

Thank you both Vickie and Donna! your comments have opened my eyes.

Yes the doe was there first, and i think is a little bit older than the buck.

Donna when you said that the bucks can be uncooperative, isit because they have not hit puberty or they don't like that particulardoe? just curious. but thanks again for your help!!!

-Lydia

Latest posts

Back