My bunny is not as sick as i thought

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KarriS

Reaction score
So the past couple days i have been stressing out because i thought my bunny "bunny" was sick. After talking to the vet i realized he was not eating because he tooth was overgrown and it hurt him to eat. I am not feeing him baby food out of a syringe and he looooves it. I am getting his neutured on tuesday and his little teeth are going to be fixed. I want to thank everyone who gave me ideas and recommendations while i was stressed. Now the bun is putting on some weight and is getting some life back to him. :bunnydance:

Karri & Bunny

Make sure to keep him hydrated. If he will drink on his own, that is great. I would get extra fluids in him too. When you syringe him food, add some water to that. It is easier to give mushy food through a syringe than water.
Have you been to the vet? I would have gotten some critical care to help him with calories and nutrition. As it is almost Monday, and the neuter in on Tuesday, he should be OK. You could make a mush out of pellets (soak them for a bit or grind them up) to go along with the baby food.
You do want to make sure he is getting enough fibre. Canned pumpkin (not pie filling) is great. Again, water it down a bit so it is easier to give and keeps the hydration up.

It's great that he is feeling better. Hopefully is is just tooth spurs and not something more.

We also have a black lop who need herfront toothtrimmed at least every 6 weeks and her molars filed down every couple of months. She just had the latter procedure done last week. The first day she was still sore so hubby made a pellet mash with pumpkin and rolled it in it oats. She went crazy for it. Thankfully she's back on her regular diet now. I'm glad Bunny is gaining back some weight. Keep us updated!

Latest posts

Back