My Bunny is breathing funny and sneezing!?HELP!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

usarocks95135

Reaction score
Help! My bunn Cuddles is a dwarf lionhead n he is breathing weird. It sounds like someone breathing when they have a cough. He also is sneeing but there is no discharge or anything at all. He was born with teeth that was not allined n we brought him to the vet to get it cut n now he's sneezy. But he acts totally normal. In fact he eats more n he's more active now after the tooth trim. Help!!!

How long ago was the tooth trim?

Is he eating something different he could have a problem with,or eating more hay & have a problem with hay dust.

Hi there and welcome to RO!
I've been dealing with a sneezy bunny myself the last month or so. Did the sneezing start immediately after the tooth trim, or has it been while? Are you sure there's no discharge? My bun started with clear, serous discharge that became mucopurulent over the course of a few weeks (while she was being treated). After a culture and sensitivity we've hopefully found the right antibiotic for her.
From your description it sounds like he could have a respiratory infection which would definitely need veterinary attention.

I just noticed bugs sneezing and her face is wet. I was in the kitchen and heard this noise and it was her. I called my usual vet who isn't in today or tomorrow. The other more expensive vet isn't answering the phone. Is there anything i can do in the meantime?

There is no discharge at all. I checked quite a few times. Now he doesn't really breathe fnny anymore but he still sneezes like a couple times every hour. I think he is allergic to the new litter we got him bcuz when I switched back he got better. Btw the new litter is critter country.

It was about a day after the tooth trim n we got him new litter and a couple new toys/treats to celebrate.

He is eatng more hay bu I don't think it's a problem bcuz I always shake the dust out of the hay when Im getting it

Give it a quick check. I did this when Cuddles started sneezing. Just flip ur bunny over then check for discharge near the nose and under the chin. Also check it's ears eyes n teeth. U might need to go to a vet hospital if he has greenish discharge. My bunny had no dscharge at all. I check everyday n I even pull his nose up and just feel the area for discharge but there's none

Latest posts

Back