my bunnies health

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baile-s1

Reaction score
I have a two year old rabbit. Over the past twoweeks he has been off his fresh food and only been eating is dry food.I thought it was the heat but now i'm wondering if it anything else.

I'm always concerned he's getting bored.. i've got toys in his hutch and have him to play as often as i can.

Is there anything i can do or any advice anyone can give me? Is it serious enough to take him to the vet?

:)

I'm not an expert, but, as long as he's eating hispellets, hay and drinking lots of water, there shouldn't be anything toworry about. ??

I know my bun doesn't, and refuses to eat any kind of fresh food, and she's a healthy bun.

Thanx very much ... i probably worry unnecessarily but its always good to get a second opinion :D

Welcome Baile-s1, :)

I agree with MyBunnyLovesMe in the sense that if his appetite is stillhealthy, he's eating his food, drinking his water, has timothy hay, andpoops and acts fine, then I wouldn't be too alarmed.??Is he?lethargicor weak??

Rabbits generally are most active in the dusk and dawn.? During theday, they cat nap a lot.? To keep my rabbit from being bored, I haveapple wood in his cage so that he's got something to keep his teethfiled down and gnaw on,?I always leave timothy hay in there, and toys.?You might take a look back through some pages and find a post called"Toys" to get some ideas.??Some rabbits like slinky's to take theirfrustrations out on.

If the rabbit has all those things and just lounges during the day,he's just doing what rabbits do. Even when they've got the place toexplore, many usually just chill.

Of course you could always consider getting him a mate, but then youhave to find the right mate for him and that's not always a guarantee.Personalities differ.

Bunty knows of a bunny dating service put on by her shelter and I thinkthat's definitely the way to go. Ask her about it if you do considergetting another. Dootsmom also has bonded a lot of bunnies in bulk.She'd be another one to give you help and ideas in the area of bonding.Gabby has bonded her dogs and bunnies.
And then we have Batman and Robin. Our Super Hero Team consisting of a Rabbit and a Hedgehog.

-Carolyn

?

Latest posts

Back