my bunnie bites

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

issi

Reaction score
hey again , a new question . when y bunny licksmy hand or arm he bites metoo and somtimes hard, isthis normal? why does he do this?

you may have something on your hand, like if youate something and it got on your hands he may be trying to eat it to:p. Or he may be irritated by something and bites you because he isangry. The reason my rabbits bite is because they didnt get their way.My rabbits usually will nibble but dont bite unless they are scared.

did you stop petting before the bite? maybe yourbun wants more pets :D or wants you to move.. my bun will nip at mytoes if i'm in his way, or in his 'territory' (which is pretty much thewhole house :p )

Good question.

My rabbit Samson, who is about 8 months old, constantly bites my arm, stomache, legs, or where ever he can put his mouth.

And he bites hard, he bit through my clothes and left bruises and made me bleed.

Perhaps its just a teenager thing. ?

Pebbles, 8 months old, constantly licks ourhands, face, necks.....she would nibble our hair, but neverbite. She tugs and scratches our clothes,probablylooking for more skin to lick. The lickingis returned with more petting by us.

I think your bunny either wants you to keeppetting or stop. That is what my bunny does...or if I'm inhis way he nips my feet. :?

Bunnies will bite when they are angry, irritated,want to move something, want to get your attention, or because they geta desired reaction out of doing it.

Bunnies that are going through "puberty" will bite to see what happens,or out of frustration with you and the fact that you don't get whathe/she is trying to say.

When your bunny bites you YELP so they know that you are displeased with them and then put them in their cage for a time out.

Fergi's mom

Much like a puppy!

I just went through all this with Daytona!

Tucker bite when I'm figiting, or cleaning out the cage, Buster does itjust to get a reaction. He just walks up to a part of my body, sniffs,chins, and then bites! Not hard, just for exploratory purposes I think!

Funny monkeys!

:)

I refer to them as 'love nips'. Bramble's theworst! if she's on my stomach while i'm laying down, she'll bite me sohard, i'll have a bruise for days! it's normally when she's in a badmood or wants to be let down. Briar does the same thing, except i thinkhis is more hormone-driven, especially when he wants his way aboutsomething. like when i put him in the cage when it's his turn to livein the cage for the day, and i open it to give him water or something,he'll get a gleam in his eye and start headbutting my hand as i try toblock his escape route!

Ellie

Posted in the wrong place... Sorry
blushing.gif

Latest posts

Back