My bun has fleas any good ideas to rid him of them

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonyandlaurie

Reaction score
My rex bun has bad fleas and i have heard you should notgive them a bath because they can have a heart attack, but i need to find something that works cause my 3 kids are being eatin by the fleas...i need some suggestions cause i am new to the bun world.....thanks in advance for your input

You will have to seriously treat your house for the next few months as well as treat all the animals.
Revolution or advantage from the Vets. Enough for multiple doses as any eggs or larva in the carpet or furniture can turn into fleas after what you give the animals wears off.
As for the house, treat it almost like Lice. Wash EVERYTHING, if it cant be washed, stick it in the deep freeze for 2 days. Vacuum the floors... over and over and over again, Then more eggs will hatch and you will have to keep doing this.

See tipnut.com for information on ridding both pets & their environment of fleas. Wash everything you can in hot water & steam clean carpets & drapes.

If you don;t want to go the strong chemical pet treatment route, I'd try food-grade diatomaceous earth.

Thank you everyone for the help....thinking i am going to trya combo of advantage and diatomaceous, but we are getting ready for hurricane sandy right now so have to keep my bun safe is most important

Latest posts

Back