My baby Scampers...... plus a question about getting her a friend...(Picture Heavy)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crazybouncycurls

Reaction score
Iam a new member and a havea9month old bunny named Scampers. She hada sister named Seymore, but Seymore died recently :(.Scampers is now a lone bunny but we are in the process of adopting hera new female friend. Hopefully we will be getting her today!Her name is Gardenia (will post pictures when able)

(pictures of scampers attached)

Scampers as of Yesterday
Scampers.jpg

MarilynandScamperscuddling.jpg

Scampersandhisveggies.jpg
Scampers as a baby (3 months old)

Scampers lives with: 1 mommy, 1 daddy, 4 guinea pigs, 3 cats, 2 dogs, 1gerbil, 1 hamster, 2 parakeets, 1 55gallon fish tank, 1 10 gallon fishtank. so basically a small zoo lol

This is Seymore.....she left us on Thursday night. RIP little baby.

PeekaboSeymore.jpg

Here is my main question:

We are trying to get Scampers a new friend. There are no bunnies in the shelters near us :(.

There is a lady at my work though who has a female bunny but she is 7years old. This bunny gets the basics, but is alone, and unhappy andlives in a small cage with a sheet over the top most of thetime. I would love to rescue her. Is she too oldfor Scampers?

Also I want to make sure I am doing everything right with Scampers and possibly the new bunny

Diet:

Oxbow timothy pellets

Oxbow timothy hay (unlimited)

Veggies every other day (variety)

Housing:

4.5ft x 3ft wood floor hutch, with a 2ft x 2ft side wire area attachedto other side of hutch, it has a solid floor now and is surrounded byfleece blankets and a tarp to make a dark, tunnel area for a den. Ithas a door on one side so I can access it. My boyfriend builtit.

They also come in the house when it is cold.

Welcom to the forum! Sorry to hear about Seymore, do you have any idea what happened?

Scampers is cute. Sounds like you have the diet thingdown.Oxbow is good quality food and many members onhere use it.

It think you should rescue that rabbit for it's living conditions, butprobably not bond it to Scampers since it's age, wouldn't want Scampersto just get a new friend and lose another not long after. Idon't mean to be disheartening at all, most rabbits live to be 8-10years old, but they have can also live 12 years or more :).

Latest posts

Back