my 9 rabbits :3

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who would YOU have chosen if you were in that situation? (read my post first)

Results are only viewable after voting.
A moderator would need to lock this thread. And it might be a good idea.

There is nothing anyone can say to help you or your rabbit at this point. We all need to step away and let nature run it's course, as it is going to.

My rabbits are not "just animals", they are family to me. However, I never confuse them with humans.

I'm just in disbelief that the person who thinks of her rabbit like a human is the one most treating her the most like "just an animal".

How do you even do basic care like trimming her nails if you can't pick her up?

I agree, this thread needs to be locked. I just find it upsetting.

Wow, aren't you guys pessimistic?

You know what, just everyone, don't post anymore, and IF Brownie does die, I'll post it here first before the Rainbow Bridge thread.

"looks both ways before he crossses the street" are you kidding me?!? Some Children have trouble with that concept. a rabbit doesn't know what a "street" is or even what a "car" is. And "children chase it across the street" "I've seen brownie fight with wild rabbits before" donesnt this bother you at all?" how about I let my poodle outside freely and let it fight with the wolves and it'll be fine? I dont think you realize that a rabbit is not an animal that can just be let out. Please listen to what we say, get educated, try the mosquito net thing, brownie will thank you for it.

Sorry i posted this before you said don't post anything my computer Is just slow.

The thing is, my rabbit never sat still enough for me to trim her nails and they did get very long, but since her time outside they've begun to wear down and are not as long and bothersome.

And yes, she knows how to cross the street. My rabbit is smart enough to know this concept: she is scared of cars, cars only go on the street, if she goes near the street, she will look for cars. It's not that complicated, especially for her. I've seen her look both ways before crossing the street.

And a wolf and a poodle are very different. Wolves are much more powerful than dogs, reaching speeds up to 45 mph EASILY and being able to overturn a dead frozen caribou of 1000 lbs by themselves. Their jaw strength is well over 2x that of a German shepherd, who has the 2nd strongest bite force of all dogs. Your poodle would be dead if it fought a wolf. A cottontail and a domestic rabbit are not that different.

Rabbits can very well take care of themselves as long as they have the instinct to run from predators, which my rabbit has shown that she does.

Circle wrote:
No one would be able to lock her in their fence. If it was that easy, I could do it.

My rabbit is afraid of cars and knows how to look both ways before crossing the street.
It is that easy and you can do it, you just won't.

And thats the most rediculous thing i've ever heard. sorry. again, rabbits and deer, most hit-by-car animals.

Circle wrote:
You know what, just everyone, don't post anymore, and IF Brownie does die, I'll post it here first before the Rainbow Bridge thread.

What out of spite? you wanted help, we gave it to you. You disagree, and we're upset, and then your angry about it? x_X sorry for caring for your rabbit is all i can say.

i didn't even think about how you'd go about trimming her nails. yikes.

Well a wild rabbit is a feral animal that knows how to survive in the wild. Brownie is a pet store rabbit domesticated and bred to be a pet. You don't let a wild animal fight with a domesticated animal. It's asking for trouble. That was my point.
And a rabbit does not know how to look both ways before it crosses the street. I'm sorry I don't care how smart it is. It doesn't. If it was That smart it would know not to leave it's yard and not to fight wild rabbits but its not. I don't think any rabbits are. I'm sorry but if you are not open to taking others advice and suggestions than why are you even on the forum? Isn't that the whole point? Im sorry if I'm being rude but it's true.

I think it would be a good idea for a mod to lock this thread.

About the Brownie going into another neighbor's yard. What about neighbor who have no problem culling your rabbit say if she damages their property? Or someone's pet python gets out and makes a meal out of her?

Seraphina wrote:
Circle wrote:
No one would be able to lock her in their fence. If it was that easy, I could do it. 

My rabbit is afraid of cars and knows how to look both ways before crossing the street.
It is that easy and you can do it, you just won't.

And thats the most rediculous thing i've ever heard.  sorry.  again, rabbits and deer, most hit-by-car animals.

It's not "that easy". Who would go to the trouble of putting a mosquito net around their yard just to let their dog out to attack a rabbit? By the time they're done with that, my rabbit's back in my yard.

And YES my rabbit does watch for cars before crossing the street. You guys are grossly underestimating her intelligence. If dogs are generally smart enough to do it, why can't she?

And I said to not post anymore because some of you kept saying to lock the thread. And being smart has nothing to do with attacking a wild rabbit. A border collie is smart yet it'll get into fights to defend territory. My rabbit is territorial and that's what the fight was about. And in case you guys hadn't noticed, this thread wasn't about getting advice on Brownie! It was about introducing myself...... And there are a lot of rabbits in our neighborhood. My rabbit won't be singled out for destroying someone's property if she somehow did.

Bunnycat wrote:
Oh jeez. Everything we have said is proving to be wasted.
You say that you've seen her fight wild rabbits and be chased by kids and that she's fine... Do you really want her to have to fight wild rabbits? Do you want her to be chased around and scared? Who's to say that nothing will happen if she's gotten away a couple of times? What happens when a wild rabbit or person or other animal really hurts her?

How do you know if a rabbit lives on thrills or is an adrenaline junkie? You're just guessing and giving her qualities that are much too human. Yeah, rabbits are smart, but they're not humans.
Of course a rabbit doesn't want to stay in their cage, and they shouldn't stay in a cage all day. That's why a lot of people let them free roam for at least several hours a day and put them back in their cage at night for safety.

"And I have seen her outside in other people's backyards"
Your rabbit shouldn't be in someone else's yard... Brownie would be so much safer if you at least confined her to your own yard.
Everything you said was racing through my mind when I was reading her post. :c

i feel bad for people who live in self rightous ignorance.... :lipsrsealed:

you can lead a horse to water but you just cant make them drink.

TheJadeRabbit wrote:
I think it would be a good idea for a mod to lock this thread.
I am locking this thread till other moderators can look at it and work with it..

Back